Toasted Sesame & Garlic Stir-Fried Chicken

Is it Friday yet?  I'd REALLY love for it to be Friday.  I am TOTALLY dragging this week.  I've had stomach issues and now neck issues.  I just want it to be Friday already.  *sigh*

One of my saving grace's this week is a new season of Deadliest Catch.  Oh how I've missed this show.  I've watched it almost every year since it started in 2005.  I can't believe it's been on that long.  I sometimes go to McCormick and Schmick's because they have crabs from the Northwestern.  I know...I'm a goof.  And yes I did cry when Phil died.  Who wouldn't??

We're watching it now on DVR.  I may be a little distracted.  LOL  It seems there are several changes to the fleet this year.  Should be a good season.

Speaking of seasons, I was wandering through WalMart and found some interesting spice packets from McCormick.  They're called Gourmet Seasons.  I found an interesting Asian inspired one and thought I'd try it this week for dinner.  They apparently have quite a few different combinations.

Smoked Paprika Chicken Taco Recipe & Seasoning Mix
Gourmet Roasted Herb Chicken Recipe & Seasoning Mix
Sweet Basil & Oregano Bruschetta Chicken Recipe & Seasoning Mix
Bourbon Spiced Pork Recipe & Seasoning Mix
Creamy Parmesan & Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Penne Recipe & Seasoning Mix
Garlic & White Wine Chicken Scaloppine
Herbes de Provence Roasted Chicken & Potatoes
Smoked Sausage & Pepper Creole Jambalaya
Sweet Basil & Oregano Bruschetta Chicken

I'm interested in trying the Smoked Paprika Chicken Taco and the Parmesan & Sun Dried Tomato mix.  They all sound very interesting and came make for some pretty quick, weeknight eats.  I'll have to look for more this weekend, but I only have the one for us to try.

Today, as a matter of fact.


This was SO easy to throw together!  I had originally planned on making this with some beef I had in the freezer, but plans changed Tuesday and we didn't have chicken Caesar like we planned.  So, I saved the chicken and made stir-fry with it instead.

Stir-fry is so easy to throw together.  Some frozen stir-fry blends, a can of baby corn, some meat, and some rice and voila!  Dinner is served.  And I don't know about you, but I LOVES me some baby corn.  I can pop open a can and just eat them straight out of the can.  nomnomnom

If I forget to take the vegetables out of the freezer to thaw, then I simply put them in a strainer and run hot water over them and let them set.  I stir them a bit, run more hot water over them, and toss them again.  I check them one last time before adding to the pan to make sure they're thawed.  This is a pretty easy way to thaw the veggies for a stir-fry.


Combine the chicken, 1/4 cup of cornstarch, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.  Stir to combine and marinate 30 minutes.


Heat a large pan on high heat.  Add oil and swirl to coat.  Add chicken and cook 7 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.


When the chicken is cooked, add the vegetables and continue to cook until they are heated through.


Combine 1 1/2 cups water, 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons oyster sauce in a small mixing bowl.  Add McCormick seasoning and stir to combine.


When the vegetables are heated through, add the water mixture to the pan and bring to a boil.  Lower heat and simmer until thickened.


Serve with hot, cooked rice.

Toasted Sesame & Garlic Stir-Fried Chicken 

Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)





Ingredients
  • 1 pound chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1/4 c cornstarch
  • 1 t sesame oil
  • 1 T soy sauce
  • 1 T extra virgin olive oil
  • 14 oz frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed
  • 14 oz canned baby corn, drained
  • 1 1/2 c water
  • 1 T cornstarch
  • 2 T oyster sauce
  • 1.4 oz McCormick Gourmet Toasted Sesame & Garlic Stir-Fried Chicken Recipe & Seasoning Mix
Cooking Directions
  1. Combine chicken pieces, 1/4 cup cornstarch, sesame oil, and soy sauce.  Marinate 30 minutes.
  2. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat.
  3. Cook chicken 7 to 10 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink.
  4. Add vegetables to chicken and continue to cook until the vegetables are heated.
  5. Combine 1 1/2 cups water with cornstarch and oyster sauce.  Add the McCormick recipe and seasoning mix and stir to combined.
  6. Add seasoning mix to pan and bring to a boil.  Lower heat to simmer and continue to cook until the sauce thickens.
  7. Serve over hot, cooked rice.






You have just read the article entitled Toasted Sesame & Garlic Stir-Fried Chicken . Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/04/toasted-sesame-garlic-stir-fried-chicken.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89