Liebster Award

I have been nominated for a Liebster Award!!  Um...what exactly is that and what did I get?

I, like many others across the net, it seems, have researched far and wide for the origins of this award.  I, like many others across the net, didn't come up with the exact origins of this award.  I shall quote many before me on their summation of this award:

The goal of this action is that we bring unknown, bungalow blogs's light, why would I ask you no blogs to items that have already 3000 readers but talented beginners & people who while already ne while blogging, but are still not as well known.
Yes it's a craptastic translation from German.  I do not speak, read or write German...yet.  Give me time...

The rules as they were in 2010 are:
Create a post, by you post the favorite blog image & clean copy the instructions (= the text you're reading). Also, you should link to the person who gave you the award to the blog & in her blog inform them via find, that you accept the award, & you leave the link of your award posts. Then you make up your 3 friends 5 favorite blogs, which you also in your link post & inform the owner each case via the find - function that they have been tagged and ebfalls here give the link of the post, in which the Declaration is available. 

Current Rules are as follows:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
3. Pass the award on to 11 other blogs, who have less than 200 followers, and link them in your post.
4. Ask the blogs you nominated 11 questions.
5. Go back to their blog and tell them you have nominated them.

While I am very much flattered to have received such recognition from Jackie Kocurek, a fellow blogger, I am hard pressed to pass it on to 11 people.  I mean, I haven't been SERIOUSLY blogging for that long.  So, I will have to stick to the original 3 - 5 fellow bloggers that I thoroughly enjoy blalking daily.

11 random facts about myself:
1 - I can turn my tongue upside down
2 - I cannot STAND asparagus and call it asparagusting.
3 - I don't care how YOU prepare salmon (brine, roast, marinade, grill, rinse, smoke) I DO NOT LIKE SALMON!
4 - I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE Stephen King fan.
5 - My favorite color is cornflower blue.
6 - I can pick stuff up off the floor with my toes.
7 - My hair is blonde, except for the rare very dark, very coarse, and VERY red stray hair.
8 - My fingernails grow like weeds.
9 - If there is a blood sucking insect within a 5 mile radius it WILL bite me.
10 - I hate shopping except for kitchen gadgets.
11 - I met S online, playing poker.

The 11 questions from  Jackie Kocurek:
1. What do consider your biggest accomplishment in life?
I'd have to say being on Emeril Live has been my biggest accomplishment so far.
2. What is your favorite thing to cook?
Cookies.  I used to make a crapton of them for Christmas, but haven't in a while.  I haven't really made cookies in a while though...
3. What is your biggest vice?
Starch.  Potatoes, rice, pasta.  
4. Who is your favorite movie character?
Dumbo
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
I have to pick one?  Um... people who complain a lot but don't do anything about it.  My motto, "Don't bitch about it if you're not going to DO anything about it."
6. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
Wolf.
7. What is your biggest regret in life?
I regret nothing.  If I did something different, I wouldn't be who I am today.
8. What is the first word that pops in your head after reading this question?
Bananas.  Don't ask my why.
9. If you were in a beauty pageant, what would your talent be?
Singing.  I did karaoke once and got a standing O.
9. Would you rather run down the street naked or eat a worm?
Eat a worm.
10. Zombies or vampires?
Vampire zombies?
11. Do you have a secret tattoo?
No ink...yet.

I'll have to think long and hard about who I want to nominate.  Right now, my brain is focused on preparing for Sunday's trip.  It's also not easy to find someone who hasn't been nominated yet, too.  LOL

I hope to hit the kitchen some time tomorrow before I fly out.  One last creation before I post about eating out for the whole week.  I hope you all have a great weekend and I'll see y'all in Bogota!
You have just read the article entitled Liebster Award. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-award.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89