Onion Mustard Roast Beef

Monday.  We haven't made flight arrangements.  We leave Sunday.  Um...might want to look into making those arrangements.  Hotel?  Nope.  Haven't done that either.  Oh and by the way?  There's a conference so WE can't book the hotel.  We have to call the Embassy to book the hotel.  OMG  I'm SO not a fan of last minute crap.  It drives me nuts.  We COULD NOT legally make these arrangements.  Ugh.

At least I have my passport and visa still.

Arrangements have finally all been made.  We have a place to stay while we're there.  Now, on to the REASON we're there.  Wow.  It's a cluster.  Please.  Stop.  Sending.  Spreadsheets.  X is confusing Y with their sheets.  Y is confusing X with their sheets.  STOP!  Please.  Stop.  It's only making things worse.  And that's not even the reason we're going down there.  Wow.  I'm not sure I want this red-headed step child.  Can I give it up for adoption?  Please?

I travel Sunday.  So, I might not post anything for a day or two.  Hopefully, I will be able to pick up on Monday with my food-capades of Bogota.  I can't wait to see what's in store for me THIS trip.  I most definitely want to go back to Agave Azul.

*change of topic*
I don't know how this popped into my head.  It's kind of a weird combination.  I don't think I would have put these together for a roast beef.  BUT it works.  And it tasted pretty darn good.

I was a little worried that the mustard would be over powering.  You should watch what type of mustard you use and make sure it's a grainy mustard you really like.  I LOVE this mustard.  I think it's great to cook with, it's tasty on sammies, it was perfect with corned beef.  It really is excellent mustard.


Yes, I threw in the remaining French's onions from the green bean casserole of Easter.  I didn't want them to sit in there for another year...and then get stale and me throw them out only to buy another container when it comes time to make that again.  It's just not a dish that we make on a regular basis.  I only make green bean casserole for holidays.  It's just not a fave dish of mine.  *shrug*

Chop 4 cups of onions.  Combine 4 cups of fat free beef broth with 1/4 cup of grainy mustard and stir to combine.  Put half of the onions in the bottom of a slow cooker coated with cooking spray.  Add trimmed roast beef, then top with remaining onions.


Add thyme sprigs, then pour broth mixture over the beef.  Cook on high 5 to 7 hours or until the beef is fork tender.


Combine water and cornstarch together.  Stir until well blended.  Add to beef broth and continue to cook for  10 to 15 more minutes or until thick.


Serve over noodles.


Onion Mustard Roast Beef


Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)

 



Ingredients
  • 2 pound chuck roast, trimmed
  • 4 c onions, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 c stone ground mustard
  • 4 c fat free beef broth
  • 4 sprigs fresh thyme
  • 1/2 c water
  • 2 T cornstarch
Cooking Directions
  1. Thinly slice onions. Place half the onions in the bottom of a slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
  2. Place roast on top of onions and top with remaining onions.
  3. Combine mustard with beef broth. Pour over roast and onions.
  4. Cook on high for 5 hours or until fork tender.
  5. Combine water with cornstarch. Add to roast and stir until combined. Continue to cook until thickened.
  6. Serve over buttered noodles.
You have just read the article entitled Onion Mustard Roast Beef. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/04/onion-mustard-roast-beef.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89