Pork Chops with Honey Mustard Pan Sauce

Sunday.  It's good to be home, but MAN do I feel like a slug.  I CAN.NOT get motivated to do ANYTHING!  I need to get a menu planned and head to the grocery.  I need to make sure I don't add to our pantry issues since we're moving at the end of the month.  I should try to use what we have in the freezer, too.

What DO we have in the freezer?

CHOPS!  Yes!  I was going to make honey mustard chicken breasts, but we need the chicken for salad this week.  I didn't feel like going to Costco and WalMart doesn't have the best frozen shrimp.  Chops it is!

Since I had the honey mustard chicken for breakfast at the hotel (yes I know that sounds weird) I was going to make something like that when i got home.  I just opted for the OTHER white meat in this recipe.  

I planned on cupcakes, but not going to make any.  We still have brownies left and S seems to think that dessert is what's causing our middles to grow.  Um...might be all the food we're eating?  Not JUST dessert? Maybe?  I mean, I'm not genius but really...

So, I have to lay off the desserts for a bit.  Now I'm thinking about getting all servings of fruits and veggies in our diet.  This should be interesting to try OTHER than eating sides of veggies every night.  Fruit desserts?  Veggie casseroles?  Meatless meals?  My brain's FULL of ideas.  Of course, this is Monday and this meal was dinner last night.

Have I mentioned the white squirrel?  Yes?  It's the coolest looking thing in the neighborhood!  We have white, brown, dark brown, and black squirrels now.  It's pretty cool!  I've been trying to take a pic of this little bugger since I saw it a few months ago.


Doesn't he look cool?  He's just so... COOL!  I've never seen anything albino up close and personal like this before.  He always puts a smile on my face.  Gotta love genetics!  I snapped this while cooking.  Don't ask me what made me look out the window at THAT point in time.  *shrugs*

Trim and season 4 pork chops.  We used garlic salt and pepper.


Cook 4 to 7 minutes on each side or until almost cooked through.  Remove from heat and keep warm.  Combine chicken broth, mustard and honey in a small mixing bowl.  I LOVE this mustard.  It has been my go to when I am cooking with mustard.


I thought it was interesting that I found this mustard in Bogota, too.  I didn't really think it was an International sensation, but I guess it is.


Add to pan.  Use a wooden spoon to scrape the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.  Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half.  



Serve pork topped with the pan sauce.




Pork Chops with Honey Mustard Pan Sauce

Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)

 




Ingredients
  • 16 oz pork chops, trimmed
  • 1 T extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 c low fat chicken broth
  • 1/3 c honey
  • 1/3 c whole grain mustard
Cooking Directions
  1. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat.
  2. Cook pork chops 4 to 7 minutes or each side or until almost cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm.
  3. Combine broth, honey, and mustard in a small mixing bowl and add to pan. Scraping loose bits off the bottom of the pan, bring to a boil and continue to boil until reduced by at least half.
  4. Serve pork chops topped pan sauce.



You have just read the article entitled Pork Chops with Honey Mustard Pan Sauce. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/04/pork-chops-with-honey-mustard-pan-sauce.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89