Artichoke and Olive Bruschetta Chicken

Yup!  I was busy in the kitchen cause it was doing this outside:


Of course, it's all but gone now.  So it's kind of pointless.  LOL

Usually I clean on days off, but for some reaosn I felt like being a sloth and catching up on blog stuff.  I usually have a few scheduled posts to submit, but don't at the moment cause we were out most of the weekend.  Consequently, I didn't play in the kitchen all that much.

*checks schedule*  When's the next Federal holiday?  I do need to clean and I don't really feel like doing it on the weekends...cause I'm being selfish and either want to play in the kitchen or want to hike.  Is that so wrong?  I mean, we're gonna move in a month or so.  So...I kind of don't really want to clean cause it's just gonna be a whole big mess in a few anyway.  But I know there are TONS that need cleaning, espcially dusting.  OMG the amount of dust this apartment has it's INSAGN!  I know...I hear ya.  You're saying it.  Get off my lazy arse and just clean already.  *sigh*  *checks calendar again*  Grrr none this month.  Oh well...

I honestly had invisioned this to look much differently.  It's like a series of wrongs that made a pseudo right?  If that makes sense?  It tastes good, it's just not purdy cause...well...here's what happened. 

  1. I ground the artichoke hearts and olives too fine.
  2. I was going to then stuff the chicken brests, but they were butchered...and I mean not in a good way butchered.  See?
  3. The "sauce" didn't turn out the way I had hoped.
  4. I forgot that I was going to go a different route with the sauce.
I mean it was a series of things that went wrong and I did wrong that lead to this dissaster that tasted good.  I mean, that's the first thing S said to me, "This tastes good!"  I mean, it was only the ONE sauce that was so horrible it couldn't be eaten, but everything else has been edible.  *shrugs*

So, here goes...  I took one 10 oz jar of artichoke hearts, 1/3 cup green olives and 1/3 cup black olives and chopped them.  Mince 4 cloves to garlic and add to oliv emixture.  Next time I will coarsely chop these OR stuff breasts that aren't so massacred with the mixture:


I cut 1 pound of chicken breasts into bite sized pieces:


WITH an audience...  *snort*  I browned those in a pan.  I deglazed the pan with 1/2 cup of dry white wine.  At this point, I added the artichokes and olives along with 2 cups of chopped, fresh tomatoes.  Then added 1 cup of fat free evaported skim milk and SIMMERED ON LOW!  This is key because if this stuff boils, it's going to curdle.

I took 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese and processed it until smooth.  And I mean...SMOOTH.  I'm going to experiment more with this method again, soon.  It's intriguing me....shinies...  *giggle*  I added the cottage cheese mixture to the chicken mixture and stirred until it was well blended.  Then I tossed in about 1/2 cup of grated parmesean and allowed that melt.

I boiled some farfalle while the chicken was cooking and as soon as it was finished, I tossed it with the chicken mixture.  So, like I said, it's not pretty, but it was tasty.  I wouldn't exactly use my mini processor to chop the veggies next time.  I would chop them by hand, but for some reason, I just thought I could pull it off.


It was tasty. I will probably make this again and update the pictures.

Speaking of which...for those of you on a budget and can't afford a light box to photograph your efforts, try this approach to even-ish soft lighting.  I learned this trick from my nature photography instructor in college.  Yes folks, I have a BFA in applied photography.  I just haven't actually APPLIED it yet.  *snort*




Artichoke and Olive Bruschetta Chicken



Ingredients
  • 8 oz farfalle or other pasta
  • 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
  • 1/2 c dri white wine
  • 10 oz marinated artichokes in water, chopped
  • 1/3 c black olives, pitted, drained and chopped
  • 1/3 c green olives, pitted, drained and chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 c tomatoes, seeded and chopped
  • 1 c fat free fat free evaporated skim milk
  • 1/2 c cottage cheese, processed until smooth
  • 1/2 c parmesan cheese, grated
Cooking Directions
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions omitting salt and oil.
  2. Coarsely the artichokes and olives and place in a mixing bowl. Mince garlic and add to olive mixture stirring well to combine. Seed and chop tomatoes and add to love mixture.
  3. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and brown in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Deglaze pan with 1/2 cup of dry white wine scraping bottom of pan to release browned bits. Simmer until the wine has evaportaed by half. Add the olive mixture to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and have released their juices.
  4. Add the evaporated skim milk and turn pan to lowest setting. Simmer, making sure not to boil the milk, for 5 minutes.
  5. Add the processed cottage cheese and parmesan cheese, stirring with a whisk until well combined. Simmer an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until the cottage cheese has heated through and parmesan is melted.
  6. Toss with the pasta and serve immediately.



You have just read the article entitled Artichoke and Olive Bruschetta Chicken. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/03/artichoke-and-olive-bruschetta-chicken.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89