Bakin Friends

My items arrived in a bubble pack, which I didn't photograph.  Sorry.  :(  I'm a noob at this. 

S: What is THAT?
Me:  It's my Bakin Friends package.
S: Baking friends?
Me:  Yeah.  Where you bake something and send it to someone else?
S: And you TRUST what that person has baked?
Me:  Sure!  Why not?

You must understand that S is very skeptical of anything that anyone sends, does, says to me or at me on the Internet.  He is cautious and thinks that some might be out to do harm.  *shrugs* 

I have not have any horrible experiences that would cause me to think this way, so I venture blindly as a trusting soul only assuming the good in people.  This may or may not harm me.  He's just not a net person and hasn't spent as much time as I have on the Internet making invisi-friends through message boards, meet up groups, or my blog. 

He hasn't experienced the thrill of receiving something someone has made for you that has never met you.  I still cherish the scarf I received on a swap, which I seem to have lost and am TRULY heart broken over it.  It was purdy and soft and warm.  *sigh*

Anyway, Marcia sent some a very delicious loaf of banana bread with pistachios (LOVE THOSE)


and some cake pop type bonbons which were green inside.  They were mighty tasty!  I had to keep them in the fridge, because they were a bit messy.  LOL



I brought both items in to work for all to sample and share.  Both received RAVE reviews!  The banana bread was "moist and delicious" while the cake truffles were "chocolately" and "yummy."

Thank you, Marcia, for such tasty treats.  I can't wait to see what I receive next month!

Bakin’ Friends is all about connecting bakers, bloggers, foodies, and people who just like sweets! We’re in the business of baking and making friends!

Each month we will be baking goodies, with a secret ingredient, to send out to one another. Steph will let you know at the beginning of the month what secret ingredient we’re using. It might be chocolate, it might be maple syrup, it may be bacon, whatever it is though you’ll be required to use it (unless there’s an allergy to the ingredient) in your baked goody.

On the 6th of each month you will be paired up with a Bakin’ Friend. You’ll contact your newly appointed Bakin’ Friend to see if they have any allergies or dietary restrictions and you’ll also get their mailing address. Then you’ll bake your goody and have it in the mail and on its way to your new Bakin’ Friend by the 16th of each month. You’ll of course want to include the recipe for your baked goody so that your new friend can recreate the yummies at home! How cute would it be if we all did our recipes on vintage recipe cards, just sayin’!

Then, on the last day of the month we’ll post about who our new Bakin’ Friend is, what they baked, and how they used the secret ingredient. (This group right now is only open to US and Canadian residents. US residents will be paired with US residents, and Canadian residents with Canadian residents)

Are you ready to make some new friends? Then send an email to stephsbitebybite(at)gmail(dot)com with Bakin’ Friends in the subject. Emails MUST be received before the 2nd of each month so that I have time to get all the match ups done. Please make sure to include your full name, your email address, your blog name and URL (if applicable), and whether you live in the US or Canada.

bakinfriends200

You have just read the article entitled Bakin Friends. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/03/bakin-friends.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89