PB Cheesecake Brownie

The mass tossing of crap I don't want packing to move has commenced.  There was a lot of, "What is that?" and "Where did that come from?" and "Why do I have THAT?"  "Who's is that?"  "This isn't even mine."  Somehow I inherited a bunch of crap...some of which isn't even mine.  Since we're downsizing, well, we're downsizing.

You'd be surprised at what I DID find, though...


Yeah.  The whole friggin bag.  In a box.  In the closet.  Lord knows how it got there, what it was doing there, but I see mass quantities of cookies in my future.  Maybe some banana chip muffins?  PB chip cupcakes?  More nummy ganache filled stuff?  Who knows...  Whatever it is, it will be tasty.

I've started playing with brownies.  S isn't a fan of cake or cupcakes.  My co-workers will be my guinea pigs on those, I guess.  So, I'm playing with brownies.  Same MO; low fat yet moist.  I know the two don't usually go hand in hand.  That's my goal though.  I know they're not going to be like Ghirardelli, but I want them to be good AND healthy.  I mean, the two SHOULD be able to go together, right?

So, round 1...and they're good!  I'm surprised.  But I shouldn't be, I guess.

I love Chobani, so I thought I'd bake with it this time.


Preheat oven to 350.  Combine yogurt, sugar, egg substitute, vanilla extract, and instant coffee in a large mixing bowl.


Combine flour, salt, cocoa powder, and baking powder in small mixing bowl.


Whip softened cream cheese, egg substitute, sugar, vanilla extract and peanut butter until creamy.


Combine the flour mixture with the yogurt mixture until combined.  Pour into an 8 inch baking dish coated in cooking spray.  Spoon the peanut butter mixture over top and swirl with a knife.


Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool before serving.



Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies



Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)




Ingredients

For Brownies
  • 1 c yogurt
  • 1 1/2 c sugar
  • 1/2 c egg substitute
  • 2 t vanilla extract
  • 1 T instant coffee granules
  • 2/3 c all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 1/2 t baking powder
  • 3/4 c cocoa powder
For Cheesecake:
  • 4 oz low fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
  • 1/4 c egg substutite
  • 3 T sugar
  • 1/4 t vanilla extract
  • 1/4 c creamy peanut butter
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Combine yogurt, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup egg substitute, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and instant coffee granules in a large mixing bowl.
  3. Combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in a small mixing bowl.
  4. Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract with a hand mixing in a small bowl until creamy.
  5. Add flour mixture to yogurt mixture and stir until combined.
  6. Pour into an 8 inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray making sure to spread the batter evenly.
  7. Spoon the peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate mixture and swirl with a knife.
  8. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  9. Cool before serving.







You have just read the article entitled PB Cheesecake Brownie. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/03/pb-cheesecake-brownie.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89