Chipotle Mini Meatloaves

I think I'm addicted to chipotle chiles.  Their smoky spiciness.  How can you NOT be addicted?? 

I've been thinking of making these little gems so long ago.  I don't know what took me so long to put this recipe together.  Yes, I know I've made meatballs, but this just isn't quite the same.  Meatballs aren't usually glazed.


I had this whole meal planned out, too.  Since I keep forgetting the sides, I've been trying to think of sides for our meals now.  I usually make chili fries with something like this.  And we sort of did.  They were potato wedges with chili powder and garlic salt that were roasted.  *shrugs*  And I wanted to make a veggie with some tomatoes, so I figured corn would be a good?  I haven't really seen any tex mex green beans or southwest broccoli.  Have you?  Maybe that's next on my list of things to create.  LOL


The potatoes were yummy!  As soon as they came out of the oven, I tossed then with some fat free cheddar cheese.  Oh man!  Melted cheese and potatoes?  HEAVEN!  I am such a crack addict for potatoes.  I could eat them DAILY and never get tired.

But back to these mini loaves.

I like to make the mini meatloaves.  They cook faster.  They're easier to make.  They fit better on a bun the next day for lunch.  They're like meatloaf burgers.  Hm...now there's an idea.  I love it when I'm talking about one thing and it leads me to something new.  Well, new to me anyway.  I haven't really seen it on Pinterest, either.  Hmm...


Okay.  We didn't glaze our meatloaves when I was growing up.  I have no idea why we haven't, or hadn't.  I did one recipe last year, I think?  And since then I've been sold on the glaze for meatloaf.  BUT for me it has to be a sweet based glaze.  Not just tomato sauce, but ketchup or barbecue sauce.  Sweet.  This was perfect!  I was ketchup with more chipotle and some garlic.  NOM!  I like it when it gets a little extra browned, too.  It's like the blackened barbecue sauce on a piece of grilled chicken.  I LOVE that stuff!  Yes, I like the ends of roasts, the burnt popcorn, the crispy edges of lasagna.  All that yummy, over cooked goodness.

I also like the infinite possibilities for meatloaf.  ENDLESS!  There's even a meatloaf recipe maker!  Granted there's not endless ingredients, but it could really expand the creative thought process for other types of meatloaves.  Just sayin.

Early today tomorrow.  Two of four of the team members are leaving Saturday and we're heading in early to get the remaining items assessed before they leave.  So, I must hit the sack.  I hope you enjoy one of the infinite recipes of meatloaf.

Enjoy!


Chipotle Mini Meatloaves
Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor
 


 
Ingredients
  • 1 pound ground turkey (93/7)
  • 2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 cup fat free cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika

Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. Combine first 8 ingredients (turkey through cheese) in a medium mixing bowl.
  3. Form into mini meatloaves using a custard cup or muffin tin. Place in a roasting pan with a rack.
  4. Combine ketchup, adobo sauce, garlic salt, and paprika in a small bowl. Baste the mini meatloaves with the glaze and bake at 400 for 20 to 25 minutes or until the meatloaves are cooked through and read about 170 F.        
You have just read the article entitled Chipotle Mini Meatloaves . Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/11/chipotle-mini-meatloaves.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89