Velveeta @KraftFoods #CheasySkillets Dinner Kit Chicken and Broccoli

We bought this.  I was supposed to have gotten a coupon from Kraft for these Velveeta cheesy skillets and I think I did, but I think it expired before I got to use it.  Meh.  It happens.

 
So, I had this on my radar to purchase and try.  We LOVE Velveeta shells and cheese dinner to have with hot dogs.  In fact, we purchased some for S to have while I am away in Bosnia.  I know that if it's not an easy and quick meal, he'll more than likely eat potato chips for dinner.  Just saying.


BUT this was purchased for use to try out.  It sounded good.  It sounded easy.  And it sounded tasty.  It was all three. 

I'm not really finding all of them on their website.  Maybe it's me.  Maybe it's the fact that I've been up almost 30 hours straight now?  I think that's right?  I got up at 7am Saturday and it's not 2pm Sunday afternoon?  I think I napped on the Munich flight for maybe an hour if I was lucky?  That's a whole other story I'll get to...soon.

Here's flavors I could find on Amazon.com.
  • Kraft Velveeta Ultimate Cheeseburger
  • Kraft Velveeta Chicken and Broccoli
  • Kraft Velveeta Supreme Nacho
  • Kraft Velveeta Chicken Alfredo
  • Kraft Velveeta Tuna Melt
  • Kraft Velveeta Lasagna
  • Kraft Velveeta Chicken Pot Pie
  • Kraft Velveeta Shepard's Pie
I think we would have been happy with all the other flavors except the tuna melt.  Not that we don't like tuna melts, but we just don't usually make a pasta dinner out of them.

A Kitchen Hoor's Review | @Velveeta #CheasySkillets Dinner Kit Chicken and Broccoli

This was really easy to make.  You brown up some chicken breasts.  I measured out a pound.  We're starting that back up again.  I'm going to be working on inputting the sheets into a spreadsheet to measure out my recipes easier.  We'll see how that works. 

Anyway.

Then you add the water, seasoning packet, and pasta, bring to a boil.  Then you cover and simmer a few minutes then add the cheese sauce.


Yes, it was a bit redundant to have broccoli with the chicken and broccoli skillet meal, but I thought, "Why not?"

It was cheesy.  It was tasty.  It was easy.  It was something we might make again, but only if it's on sale.  I think I would brown the chicken, then remove it.  Then I'd make the pasta part and serve it as the side to the chicken.  The chicken kind of got lost in the whole cheesy dinner.

It was very cheesy and cooked up in about 20 minutes or so.  I might want to doctor it up the next time to add some garlic or something to enhance the flavor more.  I think we may want to try some of other flavors.  They all sound good and would be a lazy quick "home" made meal.

While I am part of the Kraft First Taste program, I didn't use the coupon for this review.
You have just read the article entitled Velveeta @KraftFoods #CheasySkillets Dinner Kit Chicken and Broccoli. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/11/velveeta-kraftfoods-cheasyskillets.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89