Pumpkin Spice Latte Granola with Candy Corn

So, are you still recovering from your sugar coma?  Do you have pounds and pounds of left over candy?  Did you BUY extra so you had left over candy?  I did not.  I purchased one bag of candy corn pumpkins and one bag of candy corns.  I had a wild hair about candy corn vodka.  Nope.  Hasn't happened yet.


BUT I did buy candy corn with the intention of making pumpkin spice granola with candy corn.  Let. Me. Tell. You.  Best. Idea. Ever!!  I have seriously resisted the urge to face plant in my little treat bags.  I had to hurry and ship a bag to my #FPP swapee before I hoarded it all.

Okay.  I'm not a huge fan of salty and sweet together.  BUT I am a HUGE fan of crunchy.  And this is CRUNCH-Y!  I was almost worried it was too crunchy.  Or maybe I just almost convinced myself it was and there was no way anyone else would want to eat it BUT me.  Yeah.  I have food issues.  *snort*

I almost thought about calling this the PSL Granola, but for some reason the whole PSL thing just makes me think of some OTHER similar acronym.  Yup.  Pissing Self Laughing.  I saw it all over Starbucks when they "secretly" released their pumpkin spice latte early.  Talk about a marketing gimmick.  But I would see that PSL on the door and it would just make me chuckle.  So, there was no way I could name it PSL granola.

 
I honestly and truly did not want to hop on the pumpkin bandwagon.  Is it just me or is there a plethora of pumpkin recipes this year?  Maybe it's just because I've immersed myself in bloggerland and I just haven't seen it until now, but MAN OH MAN!  Every where I look pumpkin this and pumpkin that.  And I know I'm just as guilty.  I've made 4 other pumpkin recipes?  Pumpkin Ale Cinnamon Rolls, Pumpkin Brioche Bread Pudding, Pumpkin Ale Pretzel Buns, and Squash and Broccoli Goat Cheese Strata.  This would be number 5.

I like granola recipes.  You can essentially throw a bunch of nibbles in a bowl, top with some sticky sweet wet stuff, bake it, and voila.  Granola.  I was able to use some odds and ends of some nuts I had.  I also threw together some pumpkin pie spice for this recipe.  Since I have all the fresh spices laying around, I thought I'd just make some pumpkin pie spice instead of using premixed stuff.


I have been on a home made spice blend kick lately.  I have a crapton of herbs and spices and figure, why should I purchase it when I can make it?  Better than store bought and more fresh!  I may have a series of those to post, but we'll see.

AND since I'm traveling tomorrow...for like 20+ hours, I may be a bit awol with posts until I get settled in in Bosia.  Yup.  I'm going to Bosnia.  Tomorrow.  Yipee.  Can I just say...I'm FREAKING OUT!  I know NOTHING of the language, which I HATE!  I'd like at least a little so I can order food and not be a typical American.  *sigh*  But, ya gotta do what you gotta do and I gotta go there for work.  So, look forward to hearing about those rantings, too.  Maybe I'll get some writing done on the plane and have our wedding story all set to run next week.  I KNOW you are all dying to hear how it went down. 

My FPP LOVED her granola, and I hope you will make your own batch with your left over candy corn.

Enjoy!





Pumpkin Spice Latte Granola with Candy Corn
Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor






Ingredients
  • 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
  • 1/2 cup peanuts
  • 1/2 cup almonds, slivered
  • 1/4 cup hot water
  • 2 tablespoons instant coffee
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 2 cups candy corn

Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 300.
  2. Combine first 4 ingredients (oatmeal through almonds) in a large mixing bowl.
  3. Combine the hot water and the instant coffee in a small bowl and stir until combined and the coffee is dissolved.
  4. Add the pumpkin, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice to the coffee mixture.
  5. Pour the pumpkin mixture over the oatmeal mixture and stir until well combined.
  6. Spread the granola out onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil coated with cooking spray or a silpat baking mat.
  7. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
  8. Add raisins and candy corn and stir to combine. Store in an airtight container.
You have just read the article entitled Pumpkin Spice Latte Granola with Candy Corn. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/11/pumpkin-spice-latte-granola-with-candy.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89