#Ćevapi in #Bosnia Pashminas and Hand Making Lace

A very VERY VERY foggy day in Sarajevo today.  Is it really only Thursday?  Come on weekend!  Hurry up!  I need a rest.  I need some down time.  I need a break from being ON 24/7.  Those with work travel can understand that.  The “on” statement. 

About an hour later, it looked like this.

Lunch wasn’t McD’s, thankfully.  I put my foot down.  It’s screwed up our stomachs, or at least a few of our stomachs.  I wanted something else.  So, we had pizza.  It was good.  I ordered a salad with a mushroom pizza.  The pizza isn’t heavily sauced, which I like.  It’s light, and crispy, and has more than just mozzarella on it, I think.  I think there’s cheddar or something like that on it.  The pie was perfect and not heavy like our pizza is.
We flew through work, again.  D offered to usher us around the city and take us to a wine and cheese shop for some more rakja.  I bought a bottle a white Bosnian wine.  It came highly recommended.  I just hope it makes it across the pond.  I’ve packed it with some towels that I *coughBORROEDcough* from the hotel.  I also bought some Belgian chocolate to nibble on while I’m at work.  I have this thing about nibbling something sweet after lunch.  Usually chocolate, or a pastry bar of some description, but something.  So, I bought some EXCELLENT chocolate.  I tossed the box, so I have no idea what kind it was.  LOL


Then, D insisted we have Ćevapi; the national dish of BiH.  It’s finger shaped ground meat that’s grilled and served with pita and onions.  Wow.  HEAVY!  This is not something you eat and then run a marathon.  This is something you eat and then immediate take a nap.  It’s heavy.  Delicious, but heavy. 


I told S it was like hamburger shaped sausages that were YUMMY!  It’s also served with the yogurt drink and you can ask for sour cream which wasn’t sour cream like we know it.  It was the consistency of butter that was just interesting.  I can’t really explain it.

The restaurant was apparently THE place in town to get this yummy treat.  We waited about 5 minutes for a table.  It was PACKED!  The beef was tasty and juicy.  The pita was FABULOUS!  It was crisp and tasty and perfect for the beef fingers.  If you're in Sarajevo, found this gem of a restaurant and treat yourself to the best cevapi in town.

After that, it was almost REQUIRED that we walk around the old part of town and through the market.  There’s TONS of Turkish coffee sets.  Lots of brass and maybe silver?  Or at least steel?  *shrugs*


Then there’s the mall part that’s like a Turkish bazaar.  We all ogled over the pashminas in all different colors.  I got sucked in and purchased 4.  They were cheap.  Really cheap.  I was in awe of the woman sitting there making lace.  Like, MAKING lace with spools of thread spread out on a table.  It was just fabulous to see.  I asked if I could take this photo, thank you very much!


Sadly, G wasn’t feeling well, so we would have to wander the market another day.  We walk back to the car, and part ways.  I wasn’t really up to having dessert and drinks again tonight.  I need down time before I go to sleep.  I can’t walk in the door at 10 and then go right to sleep.  It takes me at least an hour.
I spread out my purchases of the day on the counter for you to envy.  Aren’t they so colorful and pretty?  I can’t wait to open them up and use them when I get home.


While I was trying to get my down time in, I came across this on the television.  I had NO idea that this was a serious sport.  Is this next at the Olympics?  *shrugs*
You have just read the article entitled #Ćevapi in #Bosnia Pashminas and Hand Making Lace. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/11/cevapi-in-bosnia-pashminas-and-hand.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89