Chipotle Chicken Burgers

Friday was day 2 of feeling like crap.  I still have no idea how in the world I got sick or who I came into contact with that gave this crud away so freely.  I'd LOVE to thank them.  *sigh*

Thursday night I was up three times in 8 hours.  The last being 3 am.  This isn't going to work.  I'm not going to be a functioning adult in the morning and there is NO WAY I will be able to work having such little sleep.  So.  Yup.  I called out.  Knowing what is in store for the quarter close, it was a wise choice.

I did nothing.  Watched TV.  Played a little on the computer, but not a whole lot.  I was so tired.  I napped a little.  Watched more movies.  Coughed.  Blew my nose.  Tried to nap but couldn't breathe.  Then finally fell into a coma around 10.  S woke me up around 12:30 to go to bed where I slept until 4 then doped up and slept again until 8.  That's like, what?  Almost 10 hours of sleep?  I guess I needed it!  LOL

Oh yeah...and I made these for lunch.  It spawned from a recipe I remember making a few years ago.  Spicy Chicken Cakes.  They were good.  I was going to make them again, but I changed my mind.  LOL

There's been a bunch of chipotle chicken recipes floating around.  I decided to make chipotle chicken burgers.  I had boneless, skinless thighs to grind up.  I had chipotles in adobo in the freezer to use.  I had buns.  I had Easy Fries.  I had lunch.

I find, the only problem with pre-ground poultry, is it's ground too fine.  I wish they offered a more coarse like chili type of grind for poultry.  With it being ground so fine, it's not easy to NOT over mix and have it be one solid mass.  Consequently, I decided to "grind" my own based off the Spicy Chicken Cakes recipe.

Place chiles, adobo, seasonings and chicken thighs in the bowl of a food processor.  Pulse until coarsely chopped.


Yes, it does look rather paste-y, but trust me.  There's chunks in there that will maintain the flavor and juiciness that is chicken thighs.  You just have to watch your pulses and make sure that you don't over pulse it.  Try one or two thighs at a time until you get the feel for it.

Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.  Add oil and swirl to coat.  Form the ground chicken into 4 patties.  Cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through (a thermometer register 165).


Lightly toast the buns and then place a burger on each topping with lettuce and tomato.





Chipotle Chicken Burgers

Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)


 




Yield: 4
Ingredients
  • 1 pound chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, trimmed of fat
  • 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
  • 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
  • 2 teaspoons bratwurst seasoning
  • 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 4 whole hamburger buns
  • lettuce and tomatoes for topping
Cooking Directions
  1. Place chile, adobo sauce, seasonings and chicken thighs in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
  2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil and swirl to coat.
  3. Form the ground chicken into 4 patties. Cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through (a thermometer register 165).
  4. Lightly toast the buns and then place a burger on each topping with lettuce and tomato.
You have just read the article entitled Chipotle Chicken Burgers. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/06/chipotle-chicken-burgers.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89