Nut-Free PB Chocolate Chip Cookies for #SundaySupper

Yeah...I missed the mark on that one.  I was supposed to post this one and the next one Sunday.  What can I say.  I was a sloth.  I was am sick.  It was the only thing I could think of doing that would keep me from passing out on the couch.  Being as I had to pick S up from work, that would not have been a good thing.

No.  I don't normally drop him off and pick him up.  Thank you for asking.  This weekend was a special weekend.  Most of the roads around his work were closed.  There's this event...you know?  It's kind of like a parade type thing.  The Gay Pride Parade?  Ever heard of it?  *snort*  It's HUGE where he works.  I mean, they round the circle RIGHT BY his work.  So, I dropped him off and then picked up him because there was NO place to park.  And Metro was a nightmare last time we tried this.  I wound up driving downtown to pick him up last time, anyway.  So I offered to take him and pick him up.

In between times, I was trying to keep myself awake.  So.  I baked.  I baked items I was going to post about on #SundaySupper, but that didn't happen.  I was sick.  I was tired.  I napped.  We watched movies.  I was a sloth.  LOL

So.  Now I'm trying to think of something to make for Father's Day.  Which doesn't make sense because I'm not even going to be here for Father's Day.  We're heading to the Philly area to visit Mom before she moves off the continent.  That just sounds so depressing.  And there are so many people that will require her attention after she moves that I highly doubt I'll even get to see here even once a year maybe once every other year?  Once every 5?  Lord knows.  *waving*  Hi, Mom!

Meh.

They will be happy.  She loves it there.  Hopefully we'll be able to visit...sometime.

Okay...on to the cookies.

Preheat oven to 325.  Cream the nut butter and shortening together with the brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Add milk and vanilla extract, stirring until combined.



Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.  Stir with a whisk until combined.



Add flour mixture to the nut butter mixture and stir until combined.  Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.  Spoon by tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or a silpat baking mat.



Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until slightly golden.



Allow to cool on pan 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.






Nut-Free PB Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)




 

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup nut butter
  • 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
  • 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325.
  2. Cream the nut butter and shortening together with the brown sugar until light and fluffy.
  3. Add milk and vanilla extract, stirring until combined.
  4. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir with a whisk until combined.
  5. Add flour mixture to the nut butter mixture and stir until combined.
  6. Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
  7. Spoon by tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or a silpat baking mat.
  8. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until slightly golden. Allow to cool on pan 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
You have just read the article entitled Nut-Free PB Chocolate Chip Cookies for #SundaySupper. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/06/nut-free-pb-chocolate-chip-cookies-for.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89