Chicken Florentine Pasta Toss

I had Florentine on the brain for some reason.  It started with my #MeatlessMonday idea with a ravioli style lasagna type dish with spinach ravioli.  I couldn't find them.  Heck I couldn't even find spinach.  It was a sad sad day in the AKH household.  I had NO CLUE what to have for meatless Monday then.  I thought bean and cheese enchiladas.  Forgot cheese.

I've told you I'm essentially NO GOOD without a list, right?

So, that Meatless Monday wasn't....so...meatless.  It was pizza and wings.  LOL

But hey!  Meatless Monday returned the next week!  Just wait.

Okay.  We have a dog.  Missy.  I LOVE Missy!!  She's my fur baby.  When I walk her, sometimes I see this guy with a white dog.  He's an older guy with a white dog.  I haven't seen him with anyone else, so I'm guessing he's alone.  He doesn't really "walk" the dog per se.  Today, on the way home, the dog was laying in the grass and he was just standing there.  We've also seen him sitting in the grass with his dog just watching traffic.  On more than one occasion we have seen him just standing there while his dog just lays there.  I don't get it.  I love my dog, but not when it's that hot out am I going to just stand there while she lays in the grass.

AND I've also noticed that he has concocted a doggie door in his sliding glass door.  It's a tarp taped over the door with an opening at the bottom for the dog to come and go onto the balcony as it sees fit.

That's a bit too far for me.  Not to mention the increased electricity costs.  I love my Missy girl, but she doesn't dictate my life.

Food.  Now that dictates my life.  LOL

Instead of Florentine Meatless Mondays we're having a chicken Florentine pasta dish.

Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.  Keep warm.

Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces.


Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.  Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
Add chicken and brown on all sides.


Add the spinach and continue sauteing until the chicken is cooked through.


In a large mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella and ricotta with the pasta.


Add the chicken mixture and stir to combine.


Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.


This was hearty and tasty.  I, of course, wanted more cheese.  I mean.  Who DOESN'T want more cheese??

LOL

Enjoy!


Chicken Florentine Pasta Toss

Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)





Yield: 4
Ingredients
  • 1 pound chicken breast, skinned and boned, and cut into bite sized pieces
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 12 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
  • 1/2 cup low fat ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 8 ounces pasta, cooked
Cooking Directions
  1. Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
  2. Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
  3. Add chicken and brown on all sides.
  4. Add the spinach and continue sauteing until the chicken is cooked through.
  5. In a large mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella and ricotta with the pasta. Add the chicken mixture and stir to combine.
  6. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
You have just read the article entitled Chicken Florentine Pasta Toss. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/06/chicken-florentine-pasta-toss.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89