Pork Parmesan

In all my research for different #MeatlessMonday meals, there's a crapton of recipes for eggplant parm. I'm refusing to make that right now.  It's just so...cliche for a meatless meal.  The whole point of my trying the meatless Monday was to create non-traditional meatless meals.  OR to take our regular meat meals and try to make them meat free.  The Sloppy Eds (still working on that name) was just that.  Make one of our fave meals meatless.

So, after seeing ALL these parm recipes and pictures, I was craving some.  Yeah.  Can't really make them out or chicken thighs.  Well, I guess I could, but that wouldn't really make for an easy week night meal.  Um...I have pork chops!

Confession.  I cannot type pork correctly.  It comes out prok for some reason.  I switch the two letters consistently.  Just like nkow instead of know.  *shrugs*

Now.  Insagn I spell incorrectly on purpose.  It's like more than insane, it's insagn.  Semi-long story from my newsgroup days.  It doesn't really make sense to spell a word incorrectly on purpose.  Like Hoor.  LOL.  There's a method to my madness.

So, we're watching O Dark Thirty.  Interesting flick about the capture of Osama Bin Laden.  No.  I will not discuss politics here.  I do not discuss it ever.  They are my personal views.  I refuse to bore y'all with my thoughts on what should or should not happen in government.  I mean, it would kind of biting off my nose to spite my face, being a Fed and all.

Anyway, back to the dish.  There's eggplant parm, chicken parm, veal parm, pork parm, portobello parm?  Duck parm?  Steak parm?  I'm assuming you can make parm out of pretty much anything.  I mean.  It's meat, sauce, and cheese.  Who doesn't love that?

I chose pork.

Preheat broiler.  Trim pork of any additional fat.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Dredge pork in the bread crumbs mixture making sure to coat both sides well.


Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Cook pork chops 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.


Place chops on a baking sheet and top with 1/8 cup of spaghetti sauce and 1/4 cup of cheese.  


Broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly.  Yeah, I know.  It's a funny picture.


Serve with pasta with remaining sauce and a tossed salad.



Pork Parmesan

Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)




Ingredients
  • 1 pound pork chops, trimmed, center cut
  • 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs 
  • 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 8 ounces pasta, cooked
  • 28 ounces spaghetti sauce
  • 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat broiler.
  2. Trim pork of any additional fat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  3. Dredge pork in the bread crumbs making sure to coat both sides well.
  4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
  5. Cook pork chops 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
  6. Place chops on a baking sheet and top with 1/8 cup of spaghetti sauce and 1/4 cup of cheese. Broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
  7. Serve with pasta with remaining sauce and a tossed salad.
You have just read the article entitled Pork Parmesan. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/06/pork-parmesan.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89