Tex-Mex Beef Stir-Fry

I keep seeing all these outrageous food inventions.  The brookie.  A brownie cookie.  Cheesecake cake.  A pie baked inside a cake.  Pake?  Cie?  What in the world would you call that??  I guess everyone's just trying to one up each other and stand out.  *shrugs*

So, I'm going to invent a Cheescrownookie.  It's the Turducken of desserts.  A cookie bottom, lined with a brownie, then topped with cheesecake, and finally a cake layer on top.  Coobrowcheescakecake just didn't sound right.  Cheescrownookie sounds better.  And I think I'll top it with a cupcake, just to be on the safe side.

I poke fun, but I really do LOVE reading those blogs and seeing what combinations and recipes they will come up with next.  Who knows?  Maybe I will invent the cheescrownookie.  *shrugs*

The cronut?  Not sure about that one.  I mean, it sounds interesting and good, but it just doesn't look that way.  No matter what you top it with.  Brownie topped cookies?  Yeah, I can see that.  Cheesecake with cake?  Nah.  Too rich.  A pie in a cake?  Oh...hells no!  Seriously?  It's just a mess and has #fail written ALL over it.  And a triple decker one?  Even my inner heffer is screaming hells no.


A Kitchen Hoor | Tex-Mex Beef Stir-Fry #Recipe


But this?  This is delish.  Even S said so.  He said we could have this again anytime I wanted to make it.  And even listed off some variations we could do.  Now THAT I found interesting.  I don't think he's actually said that about anything I've made... EVER.  But this he did.  And he's right.  It was FAN-tastic!

It was supposed to have green bell peppers.  I failed on that one.  I was a little over zealous with the green peppers for our #MeatlessMonday pizzas.  Yeah.  You'll see at least one of those on Monday.  We made two. They were goooooood, too!!

Anyway.


A Kitchen Hoor | Tex-Mex Beef Stir-Fry #Recipe

I guess they were a bit small or something?  Maybe I should have bought three?  I thought I had purchased some frozen peppers and onions for this one, but didn't.  I purchased veggies for the #fail that was a soup I made Thursday.  It will make the wall of shame.  That's for sure.  You won't see it yet.  I need a few more fails before I throw one of those posts together.  It was tasty.  Just not hoor worthy.

Why isn't this just fajitas?  Because it's not.  The meat isn't broiled.  It's not even pan roasted.  It's fried.  Stir fried.  There aren't any tortillas.  Just rice.  Oh how I love rice.  Any and all rice.  Plain rice, flavored rice, risotto.  ALL rice.  Sometimes I eat it nekkid.  Seriously.  With nothing on it.  Not even salt and pepper.  I just love the flavor of rice.


A Kitchen Hoor | Tex-Mex Beef Stir-Fry #Recipe

I think that's why I'm always forgetting salt and pepper.  I haven't cooked it most of my life.  I want the flavors of food to be the star of the dish.  But I have been more cognizant of the whole salt and pepper thing.  S said that some things have been bland.  So, I guess I DO need to be more cognizant of the salt and pepper issue.  *shrugs*

But, this has plenty of flavor without the added salt.  The tomatoes and the enchilada sauce will have some.  I did add garlic salt.  It just needed a little and the garlic salt makes it not just plain salty.  It's that little added layer of flavor that finishes the dish.  And this one will be finished on no time!!  A perfectly tasty, weeknight meal.



Tex-Mex Beef Stir-Fry

Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@AKitchenHoor)
A Kitchen Hoor | Tex-Mex Beef Stir-Fry #Recipe

 


Ingredients

  • 1 pound eye of round, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
  • 14 ounces canned, diced tomatoes
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • a dash cayenne pepper
  • 1 cup red enchilada sauce
  • 3/4 cup onion, chopped
Cooking Directions
  1. Thinly slice beef and toss with the lime juice, 1 teaspoon ground cumin and 1 teaspoon chili powder. Marinate 30 minutes.
  2. Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over high heat. Add beef and cook until browned. Add onions and cook until they are crisp tender.
  3. Add the tomatoes, spices, and enchilada sauce. Simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until the sauce is heated through.
  4. Serve with rice.
You have just read the article entitled Tex-Mex Beef Stir-Fry. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2014/02/tex-mex-beef-stir-fry.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89