Sugar Coated Pretzel Bites with Godiva Dipping Sauce

I want to slather this sauce on EVERYTHING.  E V E R Y T H I N G!  But that's later.  You'll just have to wait for it.


I love the Spiked! Recipe Challenge that Carrie over at Frugal Foodie Mama and Julie from This Gal Cooks host.  It's so much fun trying to think of something creative to make with the libation of choice for their challenge.  This challenge is all about chocolate liquor.  YUM!



A Kitchen Hoor | Sugar Coated #PretzelBites with #GodivaLiquor Dipping Sauce #Recipe

I went to the clich
é of chocolate liquor: Godiva.  Because it's just. so. darn. DELICIOUS!  I thought about a bundt cake with a nice ganache type topping.  Glad I didn't do that now that I see the competition.  I truly wanted the flavor of the liquor to shine in whatever I was going to make.  If you haven't tasted the Godiva chocolate liquor you really should.  It's silky smooth and amazing.

I don't know why I got it stuck in my head that I wanted to make pretzel bites.  Actually, I think I do.  It was the margarita mustard I made.  No.  I haven't done anything with that.  It's still sitting in the fridge.  I need to make more pretzel bites.  LOL  Actually, I only baked up half the batch of dough.  The rest is in the fridge.  Hmm...I see more baking in my future.  Maybe Monday, since it's a holiday.


Anyway.



A Kitchen Hoor | Sugar Coated #PretzelBites with #GodivaLiquor Dipping Sauce #Recipe

I usually make at least 2 recipes for this challenge.  This was the first one.  J, my coworker, tasted the crack chocolate sauce and agreed it was delicious.  I really had to restrain myself not to eat the whole bowl at work.  I mean, it's not like I had anything pressing to do, like write a few paragraphs for an audit sample.  Just saying.


But the flavor of the liquor, the richness of the dark chocolate, the creaminess of the well cream.  It is lusciously rich and you WILL want to spread it on everything.  EVERYTHING.  You'll make excuses to use and eat this sauce.  I'm warning you now.

Then someone brought in sugar cookies.  Okay.  They were just SCREAMING dip me in this chocolately goodness.  I didn't.  I just ate a cookie.  LOL.



A Kitchen Hoor | Sugar Coated #PretzelBites with #GodivaLiquor Dipping Sauce #Recipe

Since these are sugar coated pretzel bites, I put the salt in the chocolate.  It's chocolate with sea salt mixed in.  I wasn't sure about the whole salt with sweet stuff, but sometimes the salt does make it more tasty.  In this case, it truly does.  It's totally up to you if you want to use salted chocolate or not.  OR you could sprinkle some salt with the sugar on the bites.  That's what's so great about making something like this at home; YOU CONTROL THE INGREDIENTS!


Okay.  Getting off the soap box now.  I hope you do try these little gems.  Pretzel bites are so easy to make at home.  The hardest time is waiting for the dough to rise.  Now, wish me luck!  I hope I win!!




Sugar Coated Pretzel Bites with Godiva Dipping Sauce


Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@AKitchenHoor)
A Kitchen Hoor | Sugar Coated #PretzelBites with #GodivaLiquor Dipping Sauce #Recipe


 


Ingredients

For Pretzel Bites:
  • 2 cups warm water (100 to 105 F)
  • 1 package active dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 3 cups unbleached all-purpose or bread flour
  • 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten (optional)
  • 2/3 cup baking soda
  • 1/4 cup sanding sugar
For Dipping Sauce:
  • 4 ounces high quality dark chocolate
  • 3 ounces Godiva chocolate liquor
  • 1 tablespoon heavy cream
Cooking Directions
For pretzel bites:
  1. Combine water, yeast, and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook. Stir to combine and allow to sit 5 minutes or until bubbly and frothy.
  2. Add the olive oil, salt, 2 cups whole wheat flour, 2 cups all-purpose flour, and vital wheat gluten. Stir with the dough hook on low until the dough starts to come together. Increase speed to medium and continue to stir until the dough forms a ball; adding additional flour as necessary to prevent sticking. Increase speed to medium-high and knead 3 to 4 minutes or until the dough forms a ball and is smooth.
  3. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray and toss to coat. Allow to rise in a warm place for an hour or until doubled in size.
  4. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and punch it down.  Divide into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a rope and cut into 1/2 inch bites.
  5. Preheat oven to 425.
  6. Heat a large stock pot 2/3 full of water. Once boiling, SLOWLY add the baking soda. It will cause the water to bubble up, so please be careful.
  7. Once dissolved, drop 10 to 15 bites into the water and allow to simmer 30 seconds. Remove from water and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment or a silpat baking mat. Continue bathing remaining bites in the water. 
  8. Once cool, dip into the sanding sugar and then bake at 425 for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool before serving with the dipping sauce.
For the dipping sauce:
  1. Combine the chocolate, liquor and cream in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high 1 minutes. Stir. If the chocolate isn't completely melted, heat an additional 30 seconds until it is completely melted. Stir well to combine and make sure to lick the spoon.  You don't want to waste any of this dipping sauce.
You have just read the article entitled Sugar Coated Pretzel Bites with Godiva Dipping Sauce. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2014/02/sugar-coated-pretzel-bites-with-godiva.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89