Pepperoni, Mushroom, Ham, and Onion Sourdough Crust Pizza

Hello.  My name is Christie and I'm addicted to pizza.  "Hello, Christie."  Seriously.  Is there a 12 step program for pizza addiction?  I know S is thinking, "Pizza AGAIN?  We order pizza in.  Why is she MAKING pizza at home??"  *snort*

I'm sorry.  Have we met?  I'm a Kitchen Hoor.  Nice to meet you, hubs.  *winkwink*

A Kitchen Hoor | Pepperoni, Mushroom, Ham, and Onion #Sourdough Crust #Pizza

This...this right here?  This is MY pizza.  I'll share, but this is the epitome of pizza to me.  You see, when we were little there was a Dominoes just up the street.  I could walk to it.  We would order there periodically when I was growing up.  I only ever wanted pepperoni.  I HATED mushrooms on my pizza.  H.A.T.E.D!!  We would order a pepperoni for me and sausage with mushrooms for my sister.  Well, one day they switched up the order on us and put *GASP* mushrooms on my pepperoni!!!  And thus, a new pizza favorite was born.

But that's not where the story ends.  When I crave pizza, it's pepperoni on the pizza.  When I met S, he ordered supremes.  Ick.  All those VEGGIES on pizza.  Oh.  Wait.  I like veggies on pizza?  Since when??  What the...  

So now, or usually we go to is a supreme style pizza.  But this is still what I crave, with a few new additions.  Pepperoni, mushroom, yummy ham, and some red onion for kicks.  Sausage?  Not really.  It's okay, but too much sausage flavor for me.  I can't taste the other stuff.  You know, all the spices in sausage like fennel seed, anise seed, etc.  The ham?  A perfect compliment to the onions.  The shrooms?  Compliment the pepperoni. 



A Kitchen Hoor | Pepperoni, Mushroom, Ham, and Onion #Sourdough Crust #Pizza

The sourdough?  A lovely compliment to the sweet, crushed tomatoes and tasty cheese.  All the flavors in this pizza just compliment each other.  And it's even mighty tasty the next day for lunch.  Yup.  I had pizza for lunch!  I reheated it, too!!  The crust did get a bit chewy but it truly was tasty.  I can't wait to see what other concoctions I can make with this starter.  


If you don't have a sourdough starter you can make one here or you can try a vaux sourdough by using some vinegar and either sour cream or Greek yogurt.  Even if you don't have a sourdough starter, you most certainly can enjoy this recipe.  Simply prepare a poolish in place of the sourdough starter.  Maybe I'll do a post about bread terms and recipes.  Not like I'm a pro, but I know some terms and techniques.  I need to learn more, because I'm addicted to bread and would love to be able to make delicious artisan breads at home.

I any event, expand your horizons and try whipping up a batch of sourdough pizza dough.  It truly is a unique flavor making for tasty pizza!



Pepperoni, Mushroom, Ham, and Onion Sourdough Crust Pizza


Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@AKitchenHoor)
A Kitchen Hoor | Pepperoni, Mushroom, Ham, and Onion Sourdough Crust Pizza

 



Ingredients

  • 1 cup unfed sourdough starter
  • 2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup hot, tap water
  • 1/2 teaspoon active instant yeast
  • 1/2 teaspoon vital wheat gluten
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon Pizza seasoning
  • 1/3 cup cornmeal
  • 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
  • 2/3 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
  • 6 ounces turkey pepperoni, sliced
  • 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
  • 4 ounces lean ham, diced
  • 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup Italian four cheese blend
Cooking Directions
  1. Place the first 8 ingredients (sourdough starter through Pizza seasoning) in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook. Mix to combine. Knead 7 minutes on medium speed. Place the dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray and toss to coat. Cover with a linen towel and allow to rise 3 to 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator until doubled in size.
  2. Preheat oven to 400.
  3. Divide the dough in half. Roll or toss until the pizza crust is 12 inches round. Allow to rest 30 minutes.
  4. Spread the cornmeal on a baking sheet or a baking peel and then place the dough on top. Spoon the crushed tomatoes around the pizza dough leaving 1/4 inch to half inch edge depending on how much crust you like. Top with 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, diced ham, and onion. Sprinkle the four cheese blend on top and bake at 400 for 15 to 18 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
  5. Cut into 6 slices and serve.
You have just read the article entitled Pepperoni, Mushroom, Ham, and Onion Sourdough Crust Pizza. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2014/02/pepperoni-mushroom-ham-and-onion.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89