Dining @CapitalAleHouse - Restaurant Review


S and I were tooling around antique stores and flea markets in the Fredericksburg, VA area.  It got to be around the time for lunch and we happened up on this place.  We didn't go looking for it, we did just stumble on it walking down main street old town Fredericksburg.  I needed to take a load off and have a nosh.  That blood sugar thing, again.  *sigh*

Initially we were just going in to take a load off and have a beer.  But as we were sitting there, I started to get hungry.  Our choices were nibble and then head home for early dinner or just eat there.  After looking at the menu, my watch, and the beer selection, I opted to eat here.




That's just the bottle beer selection at the Capital Ale House in Fredericksburg.  And you really can't tell, but those are each full size refrigerator sized cases.  They have a crapton of beers.  AND they have a ton of beers on tap.  I think they had about 10 or 15 beer wells?  I ordered cider; Bold Rock Hard Cider to be exact.  S had a beer.  I can't remember what kind.  He ordered a local one on the menu, but didn't like it.  He tried another one.  Still can't remember what it was, but he did like that one.  I order a pear hard cider.  I can't find the brand name, but it was different.  I liked it.  But that does you now good since I don't know the name.  Which is okay.  This is about the restaurant, not the beer.



That's calamari if you didn't recognize it.  That's calamari with an ancho chile sauce.  On the menu, it's a corn salsa with cilantro aioli, but as y'all know, I cannot STAND cilantro.  Like, makes me wretch can't stand it.

If calamari is on the menu we're more than likely going to order it.  I know, Mom.  I wouldn't even touch the stuff when I was a kid.  But if they have the pieces that look like mini octopus (you know the ends of the tentacles I think it is) I won't go anywhere near that.  S will eat them, but not me.  Just can't even look at them.  Yes, I still have some weird food issues.

It was crispy.  It was tender.  It was SO delicious!!  I loved the corn salsa with the ancho chili sauce.  The sauce wasn't too spicy that you couldn't taste the fabulous calamari.  I honestly think it was one of the best calamari appetizers we've had in a while.  They were cooked perfectly and tasted yummy!



Heh.  That's a half eaten prime rib sandwich and fries.  We had the calamari and shared a sammy.  The beef on the sandwich was super tender.  The au jus was not too salty like it usually is for my taste.  The flavored mayonnaise for the fries was delicious!!  I don't really know what was in it, but I like that they were served with mayonnaise.  I do that sometimes, just cause it tastes good!  But never at home.  Actually, at home, I don't put anything on my fries.

The restaurant in Fredericksburg is deceptively large.  You walk in and there's some tables and large....and I mean LARGE bar.  But just past that  back wall is another room full of booths and tables, then there's another room that has a couple of couches, a table and some dart boards.  There's plenty of places to sit, that's for sure.



This is one of the ciders I was drinking.  It's sitting on the ice well that runs the length of the bar.  It is a bit smelly, but a neat idea.  It's like an rice rink for your glass.  It keeps everything ice cold and if you're not careful, will stick to it or slide around on it.  No, you don't have to keep it on there.  You can put it on the bar.  I've never seen one in a bar before and we were impressed with it.  Even though it was a bit odorous.

All in all, S and I had a good time at Capital Ale House in Fredericksburg.  The food was delicious, the selection was GINORMOUS for any place we've been to, and the service was very helpful and friendly.  I'm sure we'd opt to eat at one of their other locations should be stumble on one again.
You have just read the article entitled Dining @CapitalAleHouse - Restaurant Review. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2014/02/dining-capitalalehouse-restaurant-review.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89