Slow Cooker Open-Faced French Dips

Confession.  I was lazy.  I was lazy and OH SO tired when I made these.  I really didn't have the energy to cook up the peppers and mushrooms.  Hence they're not in the picture.  And since I was tired, the pictures are crap.  Please don't let them stop you from making this tasty meal.  These taste WAY better than they look.  I think the comment out of S's mouth was, "This is the best roast beef you've made."  Umm...okay.  It was pretty darn good, but I'm not quite sure about "the best" though.



They looked so bland in this shot.  They were anything but bland.  I am having difficulty NOT saving the broth for another roast beef.  It was extremely tasty.  I don't know what it is about the combination of mix packets, but wow.  I can only describe it to you because my photos are lacking.  I may have to pull out another roast beef and make this again and take better pictures.  It was THAT good.

S didn't know I was making sammies with this.  I don't think he minded.  He likes French dip sandwiches and orders them out sometimes.  I'm always afraid the au jus part of the sammy will be too salty.  If you use broth instead of water, it will be.  So don't use broth.  Or if you do, find a low sodium one.  Or cut it with water.  Or just use water, like I said.  Don't try to be adventurous and use broth unless you know for certain there's no additional salt in it.


Since it was snowing, they were all out of Easy Fries.  Whaaaaa?  Seriously?  I always thought it was toilet paper, milk, and bread.  I have NEVER heard them talk about Easy Fries as a hot commodity when it was snowing.  Just saying.  S said, "They were 5 for $5 so they're out of fries."  They're always 5 for $5.  That shouldn't be the reason.  *shrugs*  So, yes you see Easy Hash Browns there.  They're not too bad.

So, check back often.  I may re-do this one and make it purdier.

Enjoy!


Slow Cooker Open-Faced French Dips

Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)





Ingredients
  • 1 pound chuck roast
  • 2 cups onions, thinly sliced
  • 2 ounces onion soup mix
  • 1 ounces au jus seasoning packet
  • 4 cups water
  • 2 tablespoons dry red wine
  • 4 whole crusty, sandwich rolls, sliced in half
  • 4 ounces Provolone cheese, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup green bell peppers, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup red bell peppers, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
Cooking Directions
  1. Place the roast in the liner of a slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle the onions on top.
  2. Combine the soup mix, au jus packet, water, and red wine in a mixing bowl. Pour mixture over the beef and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or until the beef is tender.
  3. Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Cook bell peppers and onions until tender; about 5 to 10 minutes.
  4. Slice the roast (or shred) and return to slow cooker.
  5. Lightly toast the sandwich rolls. Spoon 2 tablespoons of broth mixture over each half.
  6. Top each roll with roast, then peppers and onions, then Provolone cheese. Broil until the cheese is browned and bubbly. Serve with Easy Fries.
You have just read the article entitled Slow Cooker Open-Faced French Dips. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/12/slow-cooker-open-faced-french-dips.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89