Pork Pepper Stir-Fry with #PerfectPinch @Spices4Health

It was almost perfect timing.  S picked me up from the airport and this lovely package was sitting at the door when we got home.  It was the spices I won from Alyssa at What's Cooking, Love?  There were 3 Perfect Pinch spice blends (Cajun, Asian, and Mexican) some dried oregano, granulated garlic, and several packets of their slow cooker mixes.



I'm a bad blogger.  I was so excited to get the package that I didn't even bother to take a picture of it.  *hangs head in shame*  It was like Christmas, but in November.  Ya know, some people sign up for the large give aways for the money and the KitchenAids.  I like the ones where I get to try new products.  Not that a new KitchenAid or cash would be a bad thing, but I'm having fun with the these giveaways for the cake mixes, spices, etc.

That reminds me.  I should incorporate one of the slow cooker mixes in dinner next week.  Hmm...  I really should get cracking on next week's menu, too.  I'm trying to get it all planned and the recipes drafted before I head to the store.  Yeah.  It's a bit much for me.  I've not been as organized before.  But, I'm trying to be more organized.  Trying to make sure I hit all my contributor deadlines and co-hosting deadlines.  I'm sad to say I missed one, but October was a HORRIBLE month for me.  I'll just leave it at that.

I had planned meals for S while I was gone, but didn't have anything planned for me coming home early.  That's never happened before.  So, Thursday was a drop back and punt meal.  Um...okay.  Inventory meat, pantry.  What do we have that can be easily put together as I know I'll be a vegetable today?  It was all laundry.  I had to wash everything.  EVERYTHING.  Not because I wore it.  Not because it got dirty.  Because it all STANK to high heaven!  Smelled of stale cig smoke.  Ick.  So, yeah.  All 5 loads of laundry later and I'm friggin beat.  I'm not in the mood for an elaborate dinner.



S said, "There's a chop in the fridge."  Hm...now there's an idea.  I know there's pepper stir-fry mix in the freezer.  It's something easy to keep in the freezer for nights such as this one.  I know there's at least one other package of chops in the freezer.  So, I dig those out.  I'm thinking I should try this new spice blend.  I'm all about spice blends lately.  I'm even going to work on some of my own.  I toss the pork with some of the mix and then brown it up.



Toss in the veggies, whip up a sauce that incorporates more of the spice blend and voila!  Dinner is served!  Which is good, because, like I said, I'm beat!  I don't even think sleeping more on the plane would have helped.  *shrugs*  Who knows.  It's my first time experiencing that type of jet lag, but I'm sure it won't be my last.  I just need to figure out what works best for my body.  Suggestions?

Enjoy!



Pork Pepper Stir-Fry with #PerfectPinch

Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)







Ingredients
  • 1 pound pork, trimmed and thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce, reduced sodium
  • 1 teaspoon Perfect Pinch Asian spice blend
  • 14 ounces frozen pepper stir fry mix 
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup orange marmalade
  • 2 tablespoons corn starch
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce, reduced sodium
  • 1 tablespoon fish sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Perfect Pinch Asian spice blend
  • 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
  • 1/8 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes
Cooking Directions
  1. Combine pork, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon corn starch, and 1 teaspoon Perfect Pinch Asian spice blend in a mixing bowl and marinade 15 to 20 minutes.
  2. While the pork is marinating, thaw the pepper blend by putting the contents in a strainer and running hot water over them. Allow them to sit and they should be perfectly thawed by the time they're needed.
  3. Combine the chicken broth with 1/4 cup orange marmalade, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons corn starch, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 1 tablespoon Perfect Pinch Asian spice blend, 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil, and 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes and stir to combine making sure to dissolve the marmalade.
  4. Heat a wok or large skillet coated with cooking spray over high heat.
  5. Add pork and brown, stirring occasionally.
  6. Once the pork is browned, add the pepper mix and cook until heated through and any excess liquid is evaporated.
  7. Stir the broth mixture again and add to pan. Bring to a boil and then simmer until thickened.
  8. Serve over hot brown rice for a healthy weeknight meal.
You have just read the article entitled Pork Pepper Stir-Fry with #PerfectPinch @Spices4Health. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/12/pork-pepper-stir-fry-with-perfectpinch.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89