#CartonSmart Cranberry Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies

This is the week of work related Holiday parties.  First up, the White Elephant gift exchange and tacky sweater contest.  I seriously was looking for a sweater at Salvation Army this past weekend.  No go.  Couldn't even find a tacky sweatshirt!  Seriously?  Are there people hoarding these things or do people actually collect them??  When I was looking for one, I was trying to squelch my inner craft hoor.  All those sweaters just screaming "MAKE SOMETHING WITH ME!"  It was difficult not to purchase them for cozies, felted bags, mittens, stockings.  You name it!



So, no sweater and I didn't do the white elephant gift exchange.  BUT I did make some tasty nibbles for people to eat while swapping gifts.  Of course, I didn't want to go with the standard cookies or breads.  It was at 11 and while some will disagree, gorging on cookies and sweets that early in the morning just doesn't appeal to me.  So, I thought, "Why not make some healthy breakfast cookies?"  I mean, if S likes them, then they can't be THAT bad can they?




I did use the tetra pak pumpkin from Pacific Foods that I received from SocialSpark.  I told you I would be using the remaining items they sent me, and soon, didn't I?  Didja think I was teasing or kidding?  Well, here's the pumpkin.  Stay tuned for the chicken broth.  Maybe tomorrow?  Maybe next week?  *shrugs*



I wanted these to be like granola cookies.  They were.  I didn't want to be crunchy.  They weren't.  They were nice and hearty.  Since they were packed with wholesome goodness, they lasted a while and I didn't get hungry until much later after having one 2 of those little buggers.  I was surprised that others were interested in them and someone was telling people they were really good.  I put the left over plate on the counter in our office and almost all of them vanished.  I finally tossed the last 4 Thursday morning.  I still have a few of the larger ones in my office for my own personal nibbles.  They're in a plastic baggie, so they should last at least a week.  You never know when S is going to forget my breakfast in my lunch box again.  Love you, sweetie!!

Bake up a batch of these for your own co-workers or family.  They're hearty and healthy.

Enjoy!



Cranberry Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies

Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)






Ingredients
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup toasted quinoa
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup egg substitute
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Form into 1 inch balls and place on a greased baking sheet (or one lined with a silpat baking mat) and flatten slightly.
  3. Bake at 350 for 18 to 20 minutes or until slightly brown.
  4. Remove and cool 5 minutes in pan and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
You have just read the article entitled #CartonSmart Cranberry Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/12/cartonsmart-cranberry-pumpkin-breakfast.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89