Pan Seared Scallops with Warm Mustard Orzo Salad

Yes.  Again with the scallops.  I was trying to think of something a little different to make with scallops for a salad Tuesday.  I liked the idea of the warm salad, but didn't really want a repeat.  Since S has always said he's not a fan of repeat dishes, I DEFINITELY wanted to make something different.  Little did I know...



I had a couple of cups of left over spinach from the previous week's salad.  I wanted to saute it with some tomatoes.  Then I thought, "What else?  Dressing?  Something..."

As I'm making this dish, S says, "I thought you were making the same salad."  "Nope.  You don't like repeat performances."  "Well, I wouldn't mind a repeat of last weeks.  That was really good!"  As I said, little did I know.  Last week's salad COULD have been a repeat offender.  He would have eaten it just the same.

I don't mind repeat meals.  Really.  I mean, I have left over dinner for lunch the next day.  Sometimes the day after, too.  I could probably eat hot dogs and macaroni and cheese at least once a week and not get tired of it.  Probably the same with lasagna, too.  Dad DID call me Garfield growing up, ya know.  *waves to Dad*  I was the same way with peanut butter and banana sammies.  Actually, I still am the same way with those.  

I honestly don't think I could get tired of any food.  I have cereal every day for breakfast in summer and oatmeal in the winter.  I have either oranges, grapes, carrots, or celery for a snack.  Dinner is lunch.  Sammies on Sunday for lunch.  I eat quite a few repetitive meals.  How did I wind up blogging about food if I eat so many repetitive meals?  Um...because I love food.  LOL  AND because I rarely have repetitive desserts.  



S is loving the scallops.  So am I, to be honest.  I do LOVE scallops and the packages we get from Costco are delicious.  We're replacing the shrimp and chicken alternates for scallops.  This should be interesting to see what else I can come up with.

Enjoy!



Pan Seared Scallops with Warm Mustard Orzo Salad

Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)






Ingredients
  • 1 pound sea scallops
  • 2 cups orzo pasta, cooked
  • 2 cups baby kale
  • 2 cups baby spinach
  • 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1/4 cup dijon mustard
  • 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/4 cup honey
Cooking Directions
  1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes and saute 3 to 5 minutes or until the tomatoes have released their juices.
  2. Add the spinach and kale, cover and simmer until the greens have softened; about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and toss with the orzo.
  3. Combine the mustard with the vinegar, garlic salt, and honey. Add to the pasta and vegetables; stirring to combine.
  4. Coat the skillet with cooking spray and heat on high. Add the scallops and saute 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until no longer opaque in the center. Remove from heat.
  5. Place 1 cup of pasta mixture on each plate and top with 3 to 4 scallops.
You have just read the article entitled Pan Seared Scallops with Warm Mustard Orzo Salad. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/12/pan-seared-scallops-with-warm-mustard.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89