Thai Curry Chicken

The running joke this week was that we were having...pork.  Noodles and pork.  Yes, we are perverted teenagers.  *snort*  I was going to make something else with the...pork.  But that has been a FAIL so far.  I keep forgetting to get more stout for the sauce.  It's just not quite there yet and needs more ingredients before I can finish it.

Considering I was a busy beaver this week, it's not surprising that a few things slipped.  It's been a long week and is only going to get longer.  S has to work this weekend...again.  I'm not sure when he'll get time off at this point.  His stupid HR doesn't seem to find importance on making sure all shifts are filled at his location.  Don't ask my why.  They're dumbarses...that's all I'm gonna say about that.  Because if I continue, it will be 7 pages long.  *sigh*

I am totally addicted to Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares and Master Chef.  S can be blamed for that.  I WAS a Top Chef person, but not so much any more.  I enjoy the abrasiveness of Gordon Ramsey.  It cracks me up when people blow up at him or yell at home.  I just want to say, "Haven't you seen his show before?  Don't you know what the deal is???"

Especially Kitchen Nightmares.  I mean, seriously.  If you're food was a 10, then people would be flocking to your restaurant to eat there.  Because they're not, that's hint number 1 that your food IS NOT a ten.  WAKE UP!  I love it when he cooks new food for them and they're all, "OMG I had no idea food could be so good!"  Um...you don't eat out at anything besides an Olive Garden or a Chili's?  Sorry, no offense intended, but those places ARE NOT fine dining.  I can't imagine Gordon Ramsey sitting down at any of them for a meal.  I think he'd rather starve...

Yeah.  That was harsh.

I love watching Master Chef to see what the mystery box ingredients are and what they're going to make with them.  We talk about what we would make with the ingredients.  I wish I had access to all the ingredients they have on the show.  If I did, I would TOTALLY do a mystery box challenge of my own.  That's why I keep entering these challenges and recipe swaps.  It's good to make something outside of the norm; push my limits so to speak.  Like the Caveman Cuisine one.  I haven't even considered the Paleo diet, but I entered the challenge to see if I could make something that IS Paleo.  We'll see what happens.  I have to do some research to see what else I can use to cook with my 4 chosen ingredients.

This is not one of those dishes, though.  I've made red curry shrimp with this paste and just LOVE it, so I figured I'd have to do something with the rest of the paste.  Actually, it lasts and while and I have enough for at least two more meals.


It's yummy!

Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat. Add chicken and brown.



Combine coconut milk, broth, and curry paste is a small mixing bowl. 


Add to chicken and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has reduced to half. Add water chestnuts and corn and continue to simmer until heated.


Serve over hot, cooked, brown rice.



Since we are on the "increase veggies" kick, I steamed some carrots in the microwave with some Parkay spray and honey.  I love carrots.  They're yummy!

This is UBER tasty, easy and quick for a weeknight meal.  The hardest part is waiting for the chicken to cook and the sauce to reduce.  BUT it is WELL worth the wait!

Enjoy!



Thai Curry Chicken

Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)







Yield: 4

Ingredients
  • 1 pound chicken breast, skinned and boned
  • 1/2 c onion, chopped
  • 1 c lite coconut milk
  • 1 c fat free chicken broth
  • 3 T Thai curry paste
  • 4 oz water chestnuts, drained
  • 14 oz baby corn, drained
  • 4 c brown rice, cooked
Cooking Directions
  1. Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat. Add chicken and brown.
  2. Combine coconut milk, broth, and curry paste is a small mixing bowl. Add to chicken and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has reduced to half.
  3. Add water chestnuts and corn and continue to simmer until heated.
  4. Serve over hot, cooked, brown rice.



You have just read the article entitled Thai Curry Chicken. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/05/thai-curry-chicken.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89