Paprika Mushroom Pork Chops

Yup, the mushroom theme continues here at AKH.  I really only bought three packages this week!  AND we had shrooms in salads.  It seems like a lot of them, but it really wasn't.  We're not complaining.  I would have if I was a kid, but not now.  Well, I still don't like fresh button mushrooms but tolerate them in salads.

Yeah.  When I was a kid I DID NOT like mushrooms and would only eat the canned ones if forced to eat them AT ALL.  I still prefer the canned ones on my pizzas if I have a choice.  Luckily, the place we order pizza from uses them on their pizzas.  I don't know what it is about canned shrooms on my pizza.  Fresh ones; they just dry out and get like shroom jerky if they're used fresh.  That's just not appetizing.

Heh.  When I was a kid...I was the most picky eater EVAH!  If we went to Chinese restaurants, I would only get moo goo gai pan.  B.O.R.I.N.G.  Now my favorite is moo sho.  LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!  And I could eat my weight in dim sum.  nomnomnom

I'm glad I outgrew that with the persistence of my parents to make me try new foods.  I can't imagine continuing to be a picky eater as an adult.  That would be...so...boring.  *yawn*  I even keep trying sushi thinking that the next piece I try I will actually like.  No.  Hasn't happened.  BUT at least I keep trying.

How did I get lost on this road?  Oh yeah, mushrooms.  Speaking of which I had left over pizza for dinner as S had to work today.  nomnomnom  For some reason it was just mushroom week.  That's all.

So, tomorrow I'm going to try more macarons.  We'll see how it goes.  I'm thinking raspberry?  With a chocolate ganache filling?  Droolworthy, right?  Yeah.  I know.  I also have poached pears in the fridge.  You'll see that later this week.  There's also a raspberry red wine syrup.  Not sure what I'm going to do with that yet.  Then there's the Paleo Cavegirl Cuisine Mystery Basket Challenge I need to brainstorm for, too.  I am on the trail of a delish combination of flavors.  Just have to get a nice stage to set the play.

Y'see, I'm trying to push my limits.  Not just make recipes from a magazine, online or whatevs.  CREATE in the kitchen.  I fear that S's patience will run short soon with all this cooking, baking and blogging I've been doing these last few weeks.  I suppose, as long as I keep making tasty stuff like this, he shouldn't mind too much.  *shrug*

Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cooked until juices have released and evaporated. Remove from heat and keep warm.


Combine paprika and garlic salt and sprinkle onto both sides of the pork chops. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and keep warm.


Add mushrooms back to pan along with milk. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes or until milk has evaporated.  Add chops back to pan and simmer 5 more minutes or until pork is cooked through.


How yummy does THAT look!!  It was A-mazing.  Serve with rice or noodles for the tasty sauce the mushrooms and milk make.


Paprika Mushroom Pork Chops

Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)



 
Yield: 4
Ingredients
  • 1 c cremini mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 c shiitake mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 c button mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 pound pork chops, trimmed, lean only
  • 1 T sweet paprika
  • 2 t garlic salt
  • 1 c fat free milk
Cooking Directions
  1. Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cooked until juices have released and evaporated. Remove from heat and keep warm.
  2. Combine paprika and garlic salt and sprinkle onto both sides of the pork chops. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and keep warm.
  3. Add mushrooms back to pan along with milk. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes or until milk has evaporated.
  4. Add chops back to pan and simmer 5 more minutes or until pork is cooked through.




You have just read the article entitled Paprika Mushroom Pork Chops. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/05/paprika-mushroom-pork-chops.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89