Mushroom Marinara

There's a theme at AKH this week...can ya guess?  I have no idea how I got on the shroom kick this week, but I did.  I think S was a bit scared of the Meatless Monday and wanted to bulk up the marinara sauce.  I had intended on making different recipe than this, but realized I messed up and added the crushed tomatoes to the wrong recipe.  Whoops.  So, all he saw was tomato sauce in a pan with some onion and garlic.  Yeah, I can see why he's freak a bit.
However, there was salad and some bread.  Quite a bit of bread, actually.  We don't shy away from the carbs in AKH.  K @ PEP has us eating quite a bit of carbs.  She was insistent that we get those carbs in.  It's the protein that we eat too much of every day.  S was shocked when I told him 6 ounces every day.  6 ounces.  That's all.  Shock.  *snort*
So, lowering fat intake and protein has worked before, so that's what we're doing again.  We'll see.

S works again this weekend.  Hopefully, I will be motivated and can get some cooking done!  I miss Hing in the K.  I should make a plan of what I'm going to tackle this weekend.  I may want to make another batch of cookies.  I'm determined.  Come hell or high water...I WILL make these things.  They're irritating me that I can't make them right.  I haven't quite decided I need to make Bearnaise from scratch.  Not so easy with an electric stove.  It's a finicky B.  Just saying.

While I'm just saying, can I just say, I'm tired.  I'd really like to take a day off and not have the work pile up.  Ain't gonna happen.  And those that want to step up I don't want to because it would be too exhausting and I'd have to fight the whole time.  Those that need to step up won't.  I have no idea what some people are doing that takes up so much of their time.  And my work just keeps piling up.  *sigh*

Okay...work rant over.  It was brief.  I'm tired.

Back to Meatless Monday.  We're trying it.  We'll see what happens.  I'll have to do some searches to see what else we can make.  Eggplant parm?  Stuffed ports?  Stuffed peppers?  Hmm....now I'm thinking.  I can't wait to see what I come up with for next Monday.

In any event, this was so quick and very tasty!

Cook pasta according to package directions omitting salt and fat.  Heat a skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion and saute 1 minute.

S Chopping garlic and onion.

Add mushrooms and saute 3 minutes.


Add spices and cook 1 minute.


Add wine and simmer 2 minutes making sure to scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pan.


Add tomato sauce and lower heat to a simmer. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.


Add basil and Parmesan cheese.


Serve over the cooked pasta with a nice tossed salad.



Mushroom Marinara
Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)






Yield: 4
Ingredients
  • 5 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1/2 c onion, chopped
  • 1 c mushrooms, chopped
  • 2 t Italian Seasoning
  • 1 t dried oregano
  • 1/2 c dry red wine
  • 28 oz canned tomato sauce
  • 1/4 c basil, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 c Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 8 oz angel hair pasta, uncooked
Cooking Directions
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions omitting salt and fat.
  2. Heat a skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion and saute 1 minute.
  3. Add mushrooms and saute 3 minutes.
  4. Add spices and cook 1 minute.
  5. Add wine and simmer 2 minutes making sure to scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
  6. Add tomato sauce and lower heat to a simmer. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
  7. Add basil and Parmesan cheese and serve over the cooked pasta.




You have just read the article entitled Mushroom Marinara. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/05/mushroom-marinara.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89