Easy Peas-y Roast Beef

I am HATING the lids for my pots and pans.  How in the world is a person supposed to store these stupid things?  Now, remember, we're renting, so we can't install curtain rods on the backs of the cabinet doors.  We can't hang anything that requires screws on these new cabinet doors.  I mean, I would LOVE to install a sliding drawer so I don't have to stand upside down on my head to get the lid I want.

I have moved those buggers three times this week.  I probably will move them again at some point.  I'm just not happy with where they are and they're taking up too much room.  *sigh*  That's precious room I need for all my baking ingredients and tools.  I mean seriously!

And I think I MAY have bit off more than I can chew this month.  I have signed up for:

HungryLittleGirl  

Not to mention trying out a recipe for someone who's writing a cookbook.  I thought I had signed up for the Foodie Penpals, but might have actually had my head on when I didn't sign up for that.  Knowing that we'd be moving and camping, it would have made things difficult to meet the deadline at best.

So, I'm brainstorming chocolate recipes, tequila recipes, perusing my chosen recipe website to see what to make from there, and prepping to make the test recipe.  Maybe all today.  Since some deadlines are next week.  

I spent MOST of yesterday moving and unpacking boxes.  I had hoped that more would fit in the spare closet.  *shrugs*  I may rearrange the storage closet to see if I can fit some of those "never gonna open and just need to store" items.  You know, those family keepsakes and what not?  Apparently, I have a crapton and just feel like I can't get rid of them.  But at this point, I've almost resolved to the fact that we're never going to have kids and well, my sister doesn't really seem to give 2 sheets worth about family memories so I may as well just toss it.  Who knows.  

I SHOULD be doing something, but here I sit, surfing, trying to get motivated to generate a menu for the week.  Costco doesn't open for another hour, so there's really no rush other than I could get off my arse and unpack more stuff...do some laundry.  Who knows.  

That's kind of where this recipe comes from.  It was a whirlwind shop for groceries without a menu last week.  Consequently, it's a "throw it together and hope it tastes good" type recipe.  I don't think I've made something like that which was completely inedible.  I've had a few, "let's not make this again" type things, but nothing we couldn't stomach.

There's very few pictures of this.  It was early.  I was running late.  You know how it goes.

Combine 2 pounds round steak, trimmed, with one bag of stew style frozen mixed vegetables (potatoes, carrots, onions, etc.), 1 1/2 cups of frozen peas, 2 cups baby carrots, one chopped onion and 4 cups of fat free beef broth.




30 minutes before you're ready to serve the roast, combine 1 cup of water with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.  Add to pot roast and allow to cook at least 30 minutes or until nice and thick.  Cook 8 ounces of egg noodles (we used No Yolks) and serve the pot roast over the noodles.


Easy Peas-y Pot Roast

Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)




Yield: 6
Ingredients
  • 2 pounds round steak, trimmed
  • 14 oz frozen vegetables, stew blend
  • 1 1/2 c frozen peas
  • 2 c baby carrots
  • one onion, chopped
  • 4 c fat free beef broth
  • 8 oz egg noodles
  • 1 c water
  • 2 T cornstarch
Cooking Directions
  1. Combine first 5 ingredients (steak through broth) in a slow cooker and stir to combine.
  2. Cook on high 5 to 7 hours.
  3. Combine water and cornstarch and add to stew 30 minutes before serving. Allow to cook until thickened.
  4. Cook noodles per instructions omitting salt and fat.
  5. Serve pot roast over cooked noodles.
You have just read the article entitled Easy Peas-y Roast Beef. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , , , , , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/05/easy-peas-y-roast-beef.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89