Mushroom Chevre Crostini for a Tapas #SundaySupper

I've never officially had or made tapas.  I've made appetizers.  I've made nibbles.  I've made meals of appetizers.  I'm not quite sure I know what tapas truly is.  I should try to hit a tapas bar and figure it out.  I don't believe it's as simple as little bites or small plates; I believe it is a cuisine of it's own or a movement of it's own.  A way to slow life down and ENJOY the food we eat.  That being said, I've made these crostini little bites for the tapas theme for today's #SundaySupper.


A Kitchen Hoor | Mushroom Chevre Crostini for a Tapas #SundaySupper



I don't usually toot my own horn.  I've made some tasty things in my time.  Have even won a contest for one of my recipes.  One.  Granted I haven't entered many, but still.  These mushrooms, however, are TO.DIE.FOR!  They almost didn't make it to the photo shoot, but I'm glad they did.  These mushrooms paired with the chevre are A-mazing.  They are awesome sauce with a capital A.  I resisted the urge to inhale the whole bowl AND lick the pan.  I'm not kidding.


That would definitely have NOT been a little bite.



A Kitchen Hoor | Mushroom Chevre Crostini for a Tapas #SundaySupper


Too bad there's no smell-o-sphere or taste-o-sphere to go with the blogosphere.  You'd be reaching through your screen to try to grab one and nosh on it.  The earthy sweet mushrooms with the flavorful herbs pair perfectly with the matching herbs and smoked garlic creamed with the tangy goat cheese.  The crusty bread is just the spring board for all of these flavors.  You're not going to want to have little bites of this dish, that's for sure.


A Kitchen Hoor | Mushroom Chevre Crostini for a Tapas #SundaySupper

I think I'd like to make a tapas meal for S and I.  I think that would be an interesting date night thing to try.  Maybe for Valentine's Day.  Now there's an idea!!  A tapas meal is more about enjoying the company with the food.  It's the experience of eating and not just eating.  Take your time.  TASTE the food.  Enjoy the food.  Talk and have fun.  I think that's really what tapas is actually about; not just the little bites.


In any event, I hope you try this recipe.  It truly is delicious and super easy.  Not to mention, the mushrooms are versatile.  Stay tuned to see what I do with them tomorrow.  AND the goat cheese.  *giggles*




Mushroom Chevre Crostini

Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@AKitchenHoor)
A Kitchen Hoor's | #MeatlessMonday Roasted Mushroom & Goat Cheese Alfredo





Ingredients

  • 4 cups mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 4 cloves roasted garlic, minced
  • 4 sprigs fresh thyme
  • 2 teaspoons fresh sage, minced
  • 6 ounces goat cheese
  • 1/2 loaf baguette, sliced on an angle
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 425.
  2. Combine mushrooms with olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Spread onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil coated with cooking spray.
  3. Cook for 15 minutes. Stir the mushrooms; making sure to flip them over as much as possible. Cook for another 15 minutes, stir, then another 10 minutes or until browned and the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and set aside.
  4. Place the butter in a small saucepan with the roasted garlic, fresh thyme sprigs, and fresh sage. Heat on medium-low for 5 to 10 minutes or until the butter becomes aromatic and slightly browned. Remove from heat and strain. Toss the mushrooms with the butter.
  5. Remove the butter braised thyme from the stems and place in a small bowl with the garlic, sage and chevre. Stir until well combined.
  6. Slice the baguette on an angle and lightly toast. Spread some chevre on a slice of bread, top with mushrooms,and serve.
Sunday Supper Movement

Here’s what’s on the Table:


And you know you can’t have a party without wine ~ at least you certainly can’t in my house. Martin Redmond is here to give you the perfect recommendations: Best Wines To Pair With Tapas from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog


Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.


Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.
You have just read the article entitled Mushroom Chevre Crostini for a Tapas #SundaySupper. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2014/01/mushroom-chevre-crostini-for-tapas.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89