#MeatlessMonday Roasted Mushroom & Goat Cheese Alfredo

I'm a pretty decent cook.  I made good food most of the time.  Sometimes *coughLASTNIGHTcough* I make things that are just a huge FAIL.  These mushrooms are the total opposite.  Oh.My.CRACK!  Seriously.  CRACK.


A Kitchen Hoor's | #MeatlessMonday Roasted Mushroom & Goat Cheese Alfredo


I know my mom and dad are both shaking their heads.  You see, mushrooms and I haven't had such a great relationship.  I used to hate them when I was growing up.  I would ONLY... O.N.L.Y. eat the canned ones.  Never fresh.  I'm still not a HUGE fan of the fresh white button mushrooms.  They just have this flavor....Ya know?  Especially on pizza.  The place we order from now uses canned on their pizza.  They just taste better on pizza.  Hmm....now there's an idea.  *note to self*


A Kitchen Hoor's | #MeatlessMonday Roasted Mushroom & Goat Cheese Alfredo

Hehe.  I got S in the action of draining the pasta.  Not to worry!  We didn't eat ALL that pasta that night.  There's enough for his hearty appetite and my lunch the next day.  And holy WOW was it even fabulous the next day for lunch.

Lately, the cremini (baby bellos) are almost the same price as the white button.  Why would anyone buy buttons when they can have cremini?  Yeah, I don't know who either.  So, for the most part, those are the shroom of choice in the AKH household.


A Kitchen Hoor's | #MeatlessMonday Roasted Mushroom & Goat Cheese Alfredo

#SundaySupper was all about tapas yesterday.  I was going to make a Spanish style tortilla.  Another fail.  It's not been a good week for me.  Let's just leave it at that.  There's not even photographic evidence of the worst of it.

Anyway.


A Kitchen Hoor's | #MeatlessMonday Roasted Mushroom & Goat Cheese Alfredo

So, I had to change gears and went with a crostini.  You'll just have to check out  yesterday's post for that one.  Holy WOW.  I almost licked the sandwich baggie .... I should stop now before I give it away.  I can say that because of yesterday's posting on the tapas, I have this recipe for you today.  I made enough of the mushrooms for both recipes.  And boy am I glad I did.

A Kitchen Hoor's | #MeatlessMonday Roasted Mushroom & Goat Cheese Alfredo

These are fabulous.  If you haven't ever roasted mushrooms, you really should try it.  They were super flavorful and with just a few herbs and spices, they can sing all on their own!!  I topped them with an herb browned butter.  O-gasmic.  Seriously.  You're just going to have to make them for yourself to see what I'm talking about and what you've been missing all this time.





Roasted Mushroom and Goat Cheese Alfredo
Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@AKitchenHoor)
A Kitchen Hoor's | #MeatlessMonday Roasted Mushroom & Goat Cheese Alfredo




Ingredients
  • 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 teaspoons fresh thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cloves roasted garlic, minced
  • 2 sprigs fresh thyme
  • 1 teaspoons fresh sage, minced
  • 4 ounces goat cheese
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup half and half
  • 8 ounces angel hair pasta
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 425.
  2. Combine mushrooms with olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Spread onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil coated with cooking spray.
  3. Cook for 15 minutes. Stir the mushrooms; making sure to flip them over as much as possible. Cook for another 15 minutes, stir, then another 10 minutes or until browned and the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and set aside.
  4. Place the butter in a small saucepan with the roasted garlic, fresh thyme sprigs, and fresh sage. Heat on medium-low for 5 to 10 minutes or until the butter becomes aromatic and slightly browned. Remove from heat and strain. Toss the mushrooms with the butter.
  5. Remove the butter braised thyme from the stems and place in a small saucepan with the garlic, sage, and the half and half. Heat on medium until bubbles form around the edge of the cream. Add the goat cheese and Parmesan cheese; stir until melted.
  6. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to the pan. Toss with the cheese mixture and the mushrooms. Serve with French bread.
You have just read the article entitled #MeatlessMonday Roasted Mushroom & Goat Cheese Alfredo. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2014/01/meatlessmonday-roasted-mushroom-goat.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89