Orangesicle Cream Cheese Bars



Yes, they are as good as they look, thank you for asking!  This is part of the prize pack I won from Buns in my Oven.  It was an exciting prize pack for me because I like to see what delectable creations I can make from simple box cake and cookie mixes.  


Well, these are simple, but sure don't taste simple.  Oransicle is a pretty tasty treat!  I used to LOVE the orange push up pops.  It was tasty orange sherbet with some mighty tasty vanilla ice ice cream.  Very much like a Orange Julius.  Needless to say, I was thoroughly excited to see that this prize pack contact this flavor and key lime.  Very summery treats, indeed.
However, it's no longer summer.  Well, it sort of feels like it.  It was almost 90 this weekend, being October.  Indian Summer?  *snort*  So, it's a summer flavored treat baked in almost fall that's more like an summer for a New Years party.  Boy, am I confused!


I made these bars because I wanted to, and wound up taking them to work for our New Years party.  Yes, I know it's not winter and no where near New Years, but the Federal Government works on a fiscal schedule.  That means that our Fiscal New Years is October 1.  This year, there was a "party" or some semblance of something like a party.  It was more like a bunch of pizza, chips and salsa, and some music.  I left after eating pizza and playing a few games.  I volunteered to be on the "committee" but wasn't part of it.  I most certainly wouldn't have ordered at least 1 pizza for every 2 people.  That's just crazy!
 
I used to be able to put some seriously pizza away, but not any more.  I'm lucky if I can eat 2 peoples, 3 at best if they're good, I'm starving, and eat nothing else.  But 1 for every 2 people?  That's a bit much.  I just don't get why all our parties have to be pizza, potato chips and ranch dip, Scoops and salsa, and some fruit bowl.  Then there's cupcakes.  I think half the money goes to cupcakes and most eat 1 or 2 at most.  How much does a dozen cupcakes cost?  Surely my $10 wasn't for pizza, chips and cupcakes?   Nothing else?  Really?
 
They can call me hermit all they like, but I LONG to be on the party committee.  I honestly think I can turn the dullness around to something more interesting.  Pizza?  *yawn*  Chips and salsa?  Boring!!  Chips and dip?  Even worse!!  Humus?  Yes please!  Pita chips?  Of course!  Fruit salsa?  Oh yeah, baby!! 
 

I think there's still some in the fridge at work.  I'm not sure everyone knows there in there.  I toyed with dark chocolate and orange, but for some reason the white won out, which is really interesting because I'm SO not a hugs fan of white chocolate.  To me, it's essentially vanilla falvored cream wax.  I know.  I'm weird.  But these just screamed white chocolate.  And it's good!  I made it a little gooier on the bar than in the recipe.  I cut back on the cream for ya.  You're welcome!

Well, I hope you try a bit of this summery goodness soon.  Summer can live year round if you want it to! 

Enjoy!

Orangesicle Cream Cheese Bars
Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)




Ingredients
  • 17.5 ounce orange flavored cookie mix
  • 1/2 cup margarine, melted
  • 1/2 cup egg substitute
  • 6 ounceslow fat cream cheese (Neufchatel cheese), softened
  • 1/2 cup orange marmalade
  • 1/2 cup egg substitute
  • 12 ounces white chocolate chips
  • 1/8 cup fat free half and half

Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. Combine the cookie mix, margarine and 1/2 cup egg substitute in a medium mixing bowl. Spread in the bottom of a 9 by 13 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
  3. Combine the cream cheese, marmalade and 1/2 cup egg substitute in a mixing bowl. Spread on top of the cookie mix.
  4. Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheesecake mixture is set. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
  5. Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl with the half and half. Microwave on high one minute. Stir. If the chips are still not melted, microwave an additional 30 seconds and stir again.
  6. Spread the chocolate mixture over the cheesecake mixture and refrigerate until set. Slice into 12 squares and serve.

You have just read the article entitled Orangesicle Cream Cheese Bars. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/10/orangesicle-cream-cheese-bars.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89