Cooking the World with Finnish Meatballs and a #GlobalTableExperience


I wanted meatballs.  I didn't want Italian meatballs.  I didn't want Swedish meatballs.  I wanted something different.  Enter Pinterest.  It's my go to when I need some ideas of what to make next.  Let's see, there's Korean meatballs, Italian, Swedish, cocktail, honey garlic, porcupine, stuffed, sweet and sour, buffalo chicken, lamb.  I mean the ideas are almost endless.


I love that.

I've made a few meatballs in my day:






  • Albanian Qofte (Meatball) Sliders with Feta Aioli
  • Spinach Artichoke Meatballs
  • Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Meatballs
  • Quick Swedish Meatballs
  • Italian Style Meatball Subs


  • Yes , that's a meatball collage.  *snort*

    I know I've made at least one other meatball (Norwegian?), but I don't have the patience to find that one right now.  LOL  Something about waking up at 5 to take the dog out makes a person not really have the patience of Job.  Just sayin.

    I love meatballs.  They're like mini meatloaves.  You can eat them as a slider, in a sauce, by themselves, in a soup.  Italian wedding soup.... Nommmmmmmm  I should make some this winter.  It's so hearty and tasty.  Um...yeah.  I'm distracted.  

    You can make them almost any flavor you want and with a myriad of meats.  Yup.  I said myriad.  They're so versatile!  How can you NOT love meatballs.  PLUS they're great for weeknight meals.  They cook really quickly and taste like they've been simmer almost all day!  I LOVE MEATBALLS!  That is all.

    I hope you enjoy this unique meatball recipe.  Don't shy away from the allspice.  It really does add an interesting twist to these savory meatballs.  They were fabulous and even better for  lunch the next day.

    Enjoy!



    Finnish Meatballs and Noodles
    Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)






    Ingredients
    • 1 pound ground turkey
    • 1 ounce bread, torn into small pieces
    • 1/2 cup skim milk
    • 2 tablespoons onion, grated
    • 2 ounces Gouda cheese, shredded
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    • 1/2 tablespoon ground allspice
    • 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked
    • 2 tablespoons margarine
    • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    • 2 cups fat free chicken broth
    • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
    Cooking Directions
    1. Cook noodles according to package directions omitting salt and fat.
    2. Combine bread crumbs and milk. Allow to sit until milk is absorbed.
    3. Combine turkey, bread crumb mixture, onion, Gouda, salt, pepper and allspice in a medium mixing bowl. Stir well until combined.
    4. Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Form turkey mixture into 1 inch meatballs and brown on all sides.
    5. Combine chicken broth and cornstarch in a small mixing bowl. Add to pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
    6. Place 1 cup of noodles on each place and top with 4 meatballs and 1/2 cup of sauce

    You have just read the article entitled Cooking the World with Finnish Meatballs and a #GlobalTableExperience. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/10/cooking-world-with-finnish-meatballs.html

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89