Cassou-FAIL

 You will never see this recipe posted on AKH.  It's an idea I will play with again...because we still have two GIANT cans of baked beans.  Thanks, Dad!  *sigh*

I totally blame the turkey bacon bits.  I honestly think that if I hadn't added those, we would have eaten this instead of totally throwing it away.  Yes.  I said it.  It was INEDIBLE!  I made something that completely and TOTALLY inedible.  *pout*  I failed at dinner last night.  Only the second time since we've been together.  And the first time, you could still eat the chicken, just not the sauce.


It looks good, right?  I mean, tasty, bean-y, sausage-y goodness?  Right?  Yeah...no.  Just say no, to the turkey bacon bits.  Don't get me wrong.  I like turkey bacon, sometimes.  I like that it can get really crispy really quickly.  I'm not dissing turkey bacon.  I'm dissing these turkey bacon bits.  They're horrid.  The fake smoke flavor KILLED this cassoulet.  If I hadn't put those in there, I'd be eating it for lunch today.  *sigh*


And I really wanted to eat it for lunch!  Now, I have left over pork tenderloin and taters from Sunday.  *shrugs*  It's still going to be a good lunch.  Just sayin. 

Why did I put those bacon bits in the cassoulet?  To kill the maple flavor from one can of baked beans.  I really should have read those labels before handing the cans to S to put in the cassoulet.  I'm not sad the beans are gone.  TRUST ME.  It's the sausage waste.  It's GOOD sausage.  I hate to waste kielbasa .... HATE!  *pout* 

Co-worker L was in my office yesterday.  "Are you excited?  It's like next week!"  Um...haven't really thought about it, actually.  There's some last minute stuff to do this weekend.  Mani/pedi, hair cuts, eyebrows...um...I'll probably make a packing list so I don't forget anything.  Last trip, I forgot S's soap...because I didn't make a list.  Without a list my brain is useless.  I'm just wired that way.  He's learning.

I really should train for wearing the hoochie mama heels.


My feet just don't like heels.  I LOVE them, but am too much of a wuss to put my feet through that pain.  Something about an enlarged nerve at the ball of your foot that prevents you from wearing heels.  Go figure!

I honestly can't think of anything else...hair appointment made,  dinner reservations for reception dinner made.  Everything else is icing.  I don't want to plan everything while we're there.  We really should sit down and see what there is to do there and see what we WANT to do while there.  I'd like to hike some.  I'm just not one for planning every minute of the day. 

S may just get tired of my indecisiveness, but my whole life I've just gone with the flow.  My say or requests really didn't seem to matter...  *shrugs*  It's not going to be easy to change that...but I'll work on it.  There are somethings that I'm just "We WILL do that" but that's not often. 

Maybe I'll look at lunch...  Hmm...


You have just read the article entitled Cassou-FAIL. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/10/cassou-fail.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89