Spicy New Orleans Barbeque Shrimp Recipe for Mardi Gras

I LITERALLY wanted to face plant in the pan of these shrimp and eat every bit of smoky, spicy goodness.  Oh...WE WILL be making these again.  Often.  So often, that I plan to have liquid smoke oozing out of my skin. 


Photo by Susie

Mine didn't have as much oil and butter, of course, but all the flavors were still there none the less.  I did buy bread, but we didn't sop up all the juicy goodness.  Our weekly shrimp are usually tossed on Caesar.  Yes, it does seem strange to put these barbecued shrimp on Caesar, but I thought they would be an interesting change from the usual scampi type shrimp we make.

I honestly don't think I've ever purchased Heinz chili sauce in my life.  Now I have this bottle and not quite sure what to do with it other than to make more shrimp!!  *giggles*  I may perused the net to see what other interesting recipes I can find with this new ingredient.

I reduced the butter to 2 T ICBINB and omitted the olive oil.  Other than that, I stuck the recipe ingredients completely.  I had the frozen shrimp in the fridge and just poured the sauce over them and let them thaw.  I removed the tails and them put the shrimp and as much of the sauce as I possibly could scrape out of the bag onto a jelly roll pan coated with aluminum foil and baked them at 400 for about 15 - 20 minutes. 

Once they were all opaque and yummy, I topped my salad with about half of them and dove right in!  I did (which I RARELY do) mop my plate with bread when I was done eating.  The sauce is delicious!  I'm sure I will be making these again next week.  They would also be a great appetizer for a small dinner party.  Especially if you served them with some bread or even some lightly toasted bruschetta type rounds that you could spoon the shrimp and sauce onto.  *drooling*  *looks for Hershey's bag*

You have just read the article entitled Spicy New Orleans Barbeque Shrimp Recipe for Mardi Gras. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/01/spicy-new-orleans-barbeque-shrimp.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89