Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken - Recipe Review

I'm not sure how I got the idea of Buffalo chicken sliders in my head, but that's the reason for me trying this recipe.  I mean, I LOVE Frank's wing sauce, so it's only logical that I should LOVE this recipe.  I didn't...


I don't think it's the fault of the recipe.  I'm sure hundreds of pins couldn't be wrong on this one.  I think I failed in the ratio of wing sauce to chicken.

I must preface this by telling you that I RARELY if EVAH use salt in my cooking.  I'm one of those taste-it-before-you-eat-it people and then adjust my salt accordingly before the next bite.  I'm VERY sensitive to sodium in my foods.  So, using a whole bottle of wing sauce for me should have been a red flag.  This is one reason I'm freaking out about traveling for work in the next few weeks.  Eating out makes my mouth feel like a salt lick.  *shudder*

In any event, S LOVED it!  Couldn't get enough of it!!  Well, that's good cause 3 pounds of chicken means TONS of left overs for just the two of us.  Sometime later today, I think I'll make some Buffalo chicken rolls for next weekend's snacks.  If I bake them, then freeze them, all we'll need to do is just  reheat them the oven. However, we may be doing our shopping early next weekend and get lunch on the way home.  Hmm...I'll still make them.  S can eat them when I'm gone.



I think that next time I make them, I'm going to cut the hot sauce with maybe some chicken broth or something.  Buttermilk?  Another dressing packet?  I don't know, but something.
You have just read the article entitled Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken - Recipe Review. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/01/slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken-recipe.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89