ROASTED LEMON GARLIC HERB SHRIMP

This look sooooooo good.  And I wanted it to be sooooooo good, but I also didn't want to gain 5 pounds just looking at it.  I tried to cut the oil and butter in this and I think something was lost in translation.


I think I felt me hips just get bigger by reading the amount of oil in this.  Yes, healthy oil, but still oil none the less.  My nutritionist has me on the low fat plan...  This looked too good to not give it a try.

I cut the oil and the butter.  I coated the bottom of my dish, but not so much so that the the lemon zest and thyme were swimming.  They both roasted nicely in the oven. Of course it took half the time.  Seriously...I need an oven thermometer.  Would someone remind me on Sunday when I'm making my grocery list, please?

After they were aromatic and not too brown, I added the ICBINB, garlic and shrimp then some salt and pepper.  I kept a watchful eye on the little buggers to make sure they weren't over cooked.

They looked good...REALLY good.  But for some reason, the flavors just weren't there.  Not quite sure why not.  It just got lost in translation I think from the original recipe to my low fat version.  Not to mention they were tossed on a caesar.  I get tired of the same recipe we use for our shrimp caesar we have once a week.  I wanted this to be an easy go to replacement periodically.

I will say, though, roasted the thyme and zest tasted good.  I may add our typical bay leaves to the mix.  If you haven't cooked shrimp with some bay leaves...you should.  The flavor is AMAZING!  I'm sure it has potential and I just need to figure out a way to incorporate my low fat lifestyle into this drool worthy looking recipe .

I'm sure we'll try this one again.  Maybe a smaller dish?  Maybe just go for it on the oil?  Who knows.  But seriously...doesn't the pic make your mouth water??


You have just read the article entitled ROASTED LEMON GARLIC HERB SHRIMP. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/01/roasted-lemon-garlic-herb-shrimp.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89