Gastronomique Tour de Colombia v2.4

Esta Domingo!  *snort*  Today, I'm supposed to go to Usaquen where there is a market like a flea market?  Or craft market?  I get up this morning...bright and early as usual.  I head down to grab a light bite, knowing that lunch will be later and then just lounge around waiting for the rest of the world to wake up.  LOL  I'm not so sure I could get used to this type of lifestyle.  Even if I want to, I can't sleep much past 7.  My motto, "If the sun is up, so am I!"



So, I knit, I play, I blog, I play, I knit, I drink coffee, I knit...well you get the picture.  I did take a little stroll in my bubble to see the T section?  There's restaurants abundance in the area.  I mean, you name if you can eat it there.  I did see these this morning.



I thought they were pretty cool.  I send V an email and let her know I was lounging in the lobby, but little did I know the MI was on her way to pick me up.  She said she was going to call, but I didn't hear from her, so I was assuming she got the email I had sent saying V was going to play tourist with me.  Well, apparently not.  I got a note under my door when I headed up to drop off my knitting that she was going to be picking me up around 10:30...which turned into a little after 11.  *shrug*  Traffic?  Who knows.

MI pulls up and they locate me in the lounge of the lobby and off we go!  I'm not sure how the conversation came up about food...oh yeah!  I told her I spent like an hour in Carullo yesterday.  I love to cook and bake and could spend hours in a new grocery store.  Then I told her about blogging on recipes and cooking.  We park and walk to the restaurant.  Ironically, it's the same one V took us to on Monday!  Cafe Amarti!


This time, I took pictures!  :)  The bread that's signature of the restaurant.


And mozzarella in AMAZING olive oil!  It's first press and so thick!  Sooooooooo tasty!  MI asked the server what he would recommend, which was the seafood pasta with tomato sauce.  It had salmon...yeah didn't eat that.  Muscles, shrimp, calamari, and a white fish.  O M G the calamari was sooooooooooo tender and tasty!!  The shrimp, well, I've already talked about that.  Succulent and sweet. 


It was fresh pasta and the sauce was very subtle allowing the flavors of the seafood to come through with each bite.  You'd think, with as big as those pieces of calamari are, that they would be tough, but they really weren't.  They almost melted in your mouth! 

MI had ricotta and spinach crepes.  Why is it that savory crepes aren't more popular in the US?


OH!  The vino rojo!  So, I've had Malbec before, so MI chose this one.  I'll have to find it.  It had the aroma of being more fruity than it was and was surprisingly full bodied and semi-dry.


It's a Spanish wine.  I will have to see if I can find it when I get home.  I really enjoyed it and it didn't make me SUPAH hot like red wine usually does. 

So, as we're sitting there...yup!  You guess it!  RAIN!  Again. *sigh*  Just an excuse to order postre!  There was one with a signature K in front of it.  I had to order it!  It was a chocolate torte!  How could I not?  Kocholate...


It was a chocolate lava cake.  YUM!  MI ordered creme brulee.  Which, for some reason, I've never had. 


It was okay...I guess.  It was crunchy and creamy.  I honestly don't know what the big deal, I guess.  *shrugs*

So yeah...this is what it looked like as we're walking around.


WT....?  Just ONE nice day?  Please?  NO!  If I leave the hotel it POURS!  I guess I'm just supposed to sit here and do nothing.  Punishment for being gone for Valentine's Day?  It's not like I didn't DO anything for Valentine's Day!  I mean, I sent him a nice sleeping bag to  keep him warm while I was gone.  And hid little candy notes around the house in places I thought he would go.  *sigh*  Guess it just wasn't meant to be.  And I don't think I'm coming back.  Don't see why I would need to...

I did stumble upon this and fell in love.  Actually, I like a purse there, too, but I'm not a purse person, so I didn't get it.  But I DID get this:


I saw them through the plastic covering the table and just had to look.  There were so many colors, but I loved this one the best.  If they had purple to match the purse, I probably would have bought both.  OR if they had a blue purse that match this, but they didn't have that either.  :(

Well, that was my day.  Dinner?  I don't know.  Depends on when the rest of the crew get here tonight.  I should get dressed and see if they've arrived.
You have just read the article entitled Gastronomique Tour de Colombia v2.4. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2013/02/gastronomique-tour-de-colombia-v24.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89