Sweet & Sour Gingered Pork Stir-Fry

This was not the best week menu wise.

Monday: Asian over noodles
Tuesday: Scallop Caesar
Wednesday: Pork-Stir Fry over rice
Thursday: Cheesy Salsa Chicken over rice
Saturday: Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce

You see the patterns? Asian meals twice. Rice meals twice. *sigh*


S is one of those that doesn’t like to repeat food. I’m sure I’ve discussed this before. If he has Asian once for lunch, we can’t have it for dinner. If he’s had chicken the day before, we can’t have chicken that night. And I get that. Personally, I don’t care. Well, I don’t care if it’s food I like. Don’t make me eat back to back salmon or back to back liver. Not gonna do it. But back to back pasta? SURE! Back to back rice? Hell yeah! I LOVE rice. Could eat my WEIGHT in rice.

Hi. My name is Christie and I’m a carb addict.

Honestly. I can eat rice and pasta plain. No salt. No butter. Straight out of the strainer plain. Some may find this disgusting, but I like the taste of the food before adding all that other stuff to it. It’s like cooking with wine. If you wouldn’t drink the wine, why cook with it? If you wouldn’t eat the ingredients plain, why cook with them? Okay, so, maybe it’s just me.

Granted, he didn’t seem to mind when he was gobbling this down.




I’ve been trying to use up the bottle of sweet and sour sauce I bought for the green bean recipe. I made a rather tasty dipping sauce that mimicked the sauce in that restaurant that has the tempura fried green beans that shall remain nameless. Since then, I’ve been desperately trying to use it up. It drives me bats crazy to have 80 billion bottles of stuff in the door of the fridge or hanging out on the shelves. They fall out, fall over, cause landslides. Oh come on! Like that hasn’t happened in YOUR fridge.

Granted I still can’t imagine why in the world wire shelves are a good idea in ANY fridge but that’s beside the point. They’re there. I have to deal with them and the less clutter in the fridge I have the better. It’s always jam packed anyway! So, it’s like pantry cooking for your condiments. Okay. I’m babbling. FOCUS!

That was the driving force behind the two recipes and I STILL have some left in the bottle. Heaven forbid I just throw it out. I’ve been brainwashed into thinking you can’t simply THROW FOOD AWAY! *GASP* It’s just not….DONE! No one does that!! Ask S. It’s been an issue with me day one. This fat chick just can’t bring herself to throw stuff out.

Especially if you can make meals like this with just a few tablespoons of the stuff.


Granted it’s a few tablespoons of that sweet and sour sauce and a few other ingredients, but this dish wouldn’t be the same without that sauce. It’s like removing the oboe from an orchestra; it just wouldn’t sound like an orchestra, would it? And this sauce sings, baby!! The ginger, the tamari soy sauce, the sweet & sour sauce, the vinegar; they all make up a symphony of flavors that dance on your tongue. It’s the background score for the movie that is the tender pork and the colorfully crisp veggies. 

My mouth is watering just looking at it!! It even made for a delicious lunch the next day, too. Like the Cheesy Salsa Chicken I have to lunch today. NOM!

Sweet & Sour Gingered Pork Stir-Fry


Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@AKitchenHoor)


http://myrecipemagic.com/recipe/recipedetail/sweet-sour-gingered-pork-stirfry

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1as9gllV8O4QD_yAfNTqKiQqTR-44ZDDTj01VcZRfLbA/edit?usp=sharing

Ingredients

  • 1 pound pork chops, thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 2 cups chicken broth, low fat
  • 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
  • 3 tablespoons sweet and sour sauce
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger, grated
  • 1 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 1 cup carrots, shredded
  • 2 cups snow peas
  • 12 ounces frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed
  • 4 cups hot, cooked brown rice
  • 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoons peanut oil
  • 14 ounces canned baby corn, drained
  • 4 cups brown rice, cooked
  • 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
  • 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
Cooking Directions
  1. Combine the pork with the next three ingredients (rice vinegar through cornstarch). Marinate 20 minutes.
  2. Combine the next six ingredients (chicken broth through crushed red pepper) in a mixing bowl and set aside.
  3. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the peanut oil and swirl to coat. Stir-fry the pork 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
  4. Add the carrots and snow peas. Stir-fry 3 to 5 minutes. Add the thawed vegetables and cook until heated through. Add the baby corn and stir-fry 3 to 5 minutes more.
  5. Return the pork to the pan. Pour the broth mixture over the vegetables and bring to a boil. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened.
  6. Divide the rice evenly among 4 plates. Top with 1 1/2 cups of pork mixture and garnish with 1/8 cup green onions and 1 teaspoon sesame seeds.
You have just read the article entitled Sweet & Sour Gingered Pork Stir-Fry. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2014/04/sweet-sour-gingered-pork-stir-fry.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89