#MeatlessMonday Peanut Ginger Stir-Fry Over Soba Noodles

Okay. So, I’m not very “up” on the whole Asian foods thing. With that being said, I will apologize in advance if I mislabel something or call it something it’s not or combine ingredients that aren’t supposed to go together. I know there is history and tradition to the Asian cooking experience that I know nothing about. I just know what I like and what I want to experiment with more on this blog.



With that being said, let me give you the break down on how this came to be.

I wanted to make a soba something. It was going ot be a noodle bowl, but I was lazy on Sunday and didn’t do any prep work like I I had planned. Meh. It is what it is. I decided on Monday to do a lo mein style dish. Now, here’s is where my ignorance of Asian cuisine comes into play. Do you make lo mein out of soba? CAN you make lo mein out of soba or is it called something different? Or am I getting my Asian countries mixed up and soba is Japanese while lo mein is Chinese? I sound so … AMERICAN! *sigh*



I hate that. I need to make a spreadsheet of what belongs where. I feel like I’m in culinary kindergarten. Which item on the left matches with the item on the right? Drawer a line connecting them with your large crayon. While I love Asian cuisine, they’re all jumbled in my head … like crayons in kindergarten. 



I’m sure I’ve offended some of you. For that I apologize. I plead ignorance and will try to correct this in future postings.

But for now, let me just tell you, this dish is delish. Be it a fusion of Japanese and Chinese, or just an American’s attempt at Asian food, this dish is crunchy, tasty, peanut-y, wholesome fillingness that is a #MeatlessMonday meal. The baby bok choy are crunchy and slightly bitter which is perfect for the sweet and creamy peanut butter base. The tamari soy (yes, it has to be tamari! Any other soy just isn’t as good in my book) with its luscious saltiness plays off the sweet crunch of the carrots. The whole dish is just a pairing of opposites that sings in your mouth!



And fill your plate! This dish has little fat and FULL of hearty goodness!! From the buckwheat noodles to the snow peas; this meal is perfect for the meat eaters and meat free-ers alike. There will be no, “Where’s the beef?” moments here. TRUST ME! You’re just gonna have to make it and see for yourself!


Peanut Ginger Stir-Fry Over Soba Noodles

Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures (@AKitchenHoor)





http://myrecipemagic.com/recipe/recipedetail/meatlessmonday-peanut-ginger-stirfry-over-soba-noodles

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aHmk5xknuNVn-AVVsZr5nBjiroS8wElCmwW2c55M3Ro/edit?usp=sharing

Ingredients

  • 8 ounces soba noodles
  • 1/4 cup tamari soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
  • 2 tablespoons sweet and sour sauce
  • 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 2 cups carrots, shredded
  • 2 cups snow peas
  • 4 cups baby bok choy cabbage
  • 2 cups mushrooms
  • 2 tablespoons peanut oil
  • 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
  • 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
Cooking Directions
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions omitting additional salt and fat. Drain and set aside.
  2. Combine the next 9 ingredients (soy sauce through crushed red pepper) in a small bowl and set aside.
  3. Heat a large skillet or wok coated with cooking spray over high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat.
  4. Stir-fry the carrots for 4 minutes. Add the snow peas and cook 3 minutes. Add the bok choy and cook 4 minutes. Finally, add the mushrooms and cook 2 minutes.
  5. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and bring to a boil then remove from heat.
  6. Divide the noodles evenly between 4 plates. Top with 1 1/2 cups of vegetable and sauce mixture. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
You have just read the article entitled #MeatlessMonday Peanut Ginger Stir-Fry Over Soba Noodles. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2014/04/meatlessmonday-peanut-ginger-stir-fry.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89