S&B Golden Curry Braised Beef

I’ve been eating this stuff ever since I can remember. I think ever since Mom found this paste in the grocery. If you haven’t tried the S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix, you really should. If you’re needing a curry fix, this stuff will easily hit the spot.

A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures | S&B Golden Curry Braised Beef

Okay. Let me just preface this. I have not ever made authentic curry. Maybe at some point, but it’s not really on my list of things to do. I know K will chime in. She’s made authentic curry. She’s married to an India dude. It’s almost a requirement for her. But for me? It’s a bunch of ingredients that I will probably only use for that one dish and you can’t buy single servings of some of that stuff. I think I was sucked into buying a large bag of fenugreek seeds. Granted I’ve used them twice…in the 4 years I’ve had the bag. I keep them in the freezer.

Now, garam masala and curry powder? Those are on my list of things to make. I want to make a blend that I like and has the flavors I enjoy most out of curries and masalas. But that’s in a much larger kitchen where I can see all the herbs and spices I have and they’re not packed away in either a freezer or pantry in a bag and I seriously have no idea which ones I have and what I would need. And yes, that was a rather long run on sentence. Deal. *snort*
A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures | S&B Golden Curry Braised Beef

Now, back to the S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix. When I want curry, this is what I think of. It’s simple. It’s tasty. It’s a childhood memory. We used to eat this with some papadums. I have sporadically found these in the International food sections of some grocery stores. Personally, I like to nuke these in the microwave and watch them crisp up. They’re so tasty! And there’s a few flavors that I’ve found. Personally, I love the cumin flavored. Just saying.

The beef is oh so tender. The carrots add just the right amount of sweetness to compliment the mild, spicy flavor of the sauce. The silky, exotic tasting, curry sauce is delicious! The morning I put this in the slow cooker, I was just waiting to come home and inhale that intoxicating aroma; taste that curry-licious sauce over jasmine rice. YUM! You’re going to want to make this repeatedly. Trust me. And since a box contains several blocks, you will be able to make this over and over again! Then once you’re out you will want to buy another box and make more curry! Oh ye of little faith. Just you wait. Try it and tell me you can’t get enough of it!
A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures | S&B Golden Curry Braised Beef


S&B Golden Curry Braised Beef


Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures (@AKitchenHoor)
A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures | S&B Golden Curry Braised Beef




Ingredients


  • 1 pound chuck steaks
  • 2 cups onions, sliced
  • 2 cups carrots, chopped
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 3 cubes S&B Mild Beef Curry Sauce Mix
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 4 cups basmati rice, cooked
Cooking Directions
  1. Place the onions and carrots in the liner of a slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
  2. Place the steaks on top and pour the beef broth over the steaks.
  3. Cook on high 3 to 4 hours.
  4. 30 minutes before serving, melt three cubes of the S&B sauce mix into the broth. Allow to cook until thickened; about 10 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and cook an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
  5. Divide rice evenly between 4 plates. Top with 1 cup of vegetables and sauce. Cut each steak in half and serve topped with remaining sauce.

You have just read the article entitled S&B Golden Curry Braised Beef. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2014/04/s-golden-curry-braised-beef.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89