Deep Dish Hawaiian Sourdough Pizza with @KingArthurFlour Sourdough Starter






A Kitchen Hoor | Deep Dish Hawaiian Sourdough Pizza w/ @KingArthurFlour Sourdough Starter

Mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday.  So, I rattled off a few small things like a new rolling mat, sourdough starter...then she said, "Why don't I just get you a gift certificate from King Arthur Flour?"  Oh.  Yes, please!!  I think I could spend my entire life savings at that place.  Thankfully, there's not a store near me and I have to live vicariously through the catalog.

She bought me the sourdough starter and crock EONS ago.  I, sadly, let it die.  I don't want that to happen to this one.  I'm going to try to keep it on the front of the fridge so I see and remember to feed it periodically.  Feeeed me, Seymore!!  I'm surprised they haven't totally made that into a horror movie...like real horror movie; not the musicfied comedy it is.  *shinies*

It's early.  I haven't had enough coffee.  I get distracted.  Bear with me.  Sourdough!  Starter!  I was so excited I jumped the gun on feeding it initially.  But it's okay!  It's all good and bubbling away in the fridge now.  Of course, I just HAD to try it IMMEDIATELY!  That's the way I am with new kitchen toys.  Case in point on the gadget I posted to my Instagram last night.  You're just gonna have to see it to see it.  Um...or something like that.

A Kitchen Hoor | Deep Dish Hawaiian Sourdough Pizza w/ @KingArthurFlour Sourdough Starter

I can't wait to really get into using this sourdough starter!  If I really like the macaron class I signed up for in April, and if they offer an artisan bread class, I may take it, too.  I LOVE to bake bread and I'd LOVE to be better at baking them!  I mean, I DROOL at Karen's Kitchen Stories.  Her bread looks amazing!  I want to bake bread that looks like that...ALL the time!!  Now you see how I could blow my life's savings at KAF.

And I'll probably keep my eye open for classes that BOTH S and I will enjoy.  He loves to cook, too, so I don't want to be selfish and take the classes myself.  Besides, it'd be good for us to take them together.  I asked on the macaron.  He said, "No." which I figured he would.  He's not all that interested in them.  *tries desperately NOT to get distracted and look at the course schedule* 

But, as you can see from the photo above, he's all about being in the kitchen and cooking, too.  Just not baking.  And this is one of his fave pizzas.  Hawaiian.  Meh.  Not so much for me.  But I know he likes it, so when I get a hankering for making pizza dough, I usually plan this pizza for him and I get pepperoni and mushroom.  Mmmmm.

A Kitchen Hoor | Deep Dish Hawaiian Sourdough Pizza w/ @KingArthurFlour Sourdough Starter

I was too busy putting my oven pizza together to get a pic of his before he covered the lid.  this is our new Lifetime cookware.  It's one of those waterless cooking systems?  *shrugs*  Makes good pizza, and tender chicken breasts.  I made a frittata in the pan last night.  Still trying to work it out.  They say the lower the heat the better, as they have a nice, internal core to maintain the heat longer.  More on that in another post.  For now, let's have pizza!


Deep-Dish Hawaiian Sourdough Pizza



Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@AKitchenHoor)
A Kitchen Hoor | Deep Dish Hawaiian Sourdough Pizza w/ @KingArthurFlour Sourdough Starter

 

Ingredients
  • 1 cup unfed sourdough starter
  • 2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup hot, tap water
  • 1/2 teaspoon active instant yeast
  • 1/2 teaspoon vital wheat gluten
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon Pizza seasoning
  • 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
  • 8 ounces lean ham, diced
  • 1/2 cup pineapple chunks in juice, drained
  • 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup Italian four cheese blend
Cooking Directions

  1. Place the first 8 ingredients (sourdough starter through Pizza seasoning) in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook. Mix to combine. Knead 7 minutes on medium speed. Place the dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray and toss to coat. Cover with a linen towel and allow to rise 3 to 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator until doubled in size.
  2. Preheat oven to 400.
  3. Divide the dough in half. Roll or toss until the pizza crust is 12 inches round. Allow to rest 30 minutes.
  4. Spread the dough into an electric skillet, cast iron pan, or other baking pan. Spoon the crushed tomatoes around the pizza dough. Top with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, ham, pineapple chunks, and onion. Sprinkle the four cheese blend on top and bake at 400 for 15 to 18 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden brown.
  5. Cut into 6 slices and serve.
You have just read the article entitled Deep Dish Hawaiian Sourdough Pizza with @KingArthurFlour Sourdough Starter. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2014/02/deep-dish-hawaiian-sourdough-pizza-with.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89