Spicy Orange Ginger Beef Stir-Fry

I've been playing with stir-fry recipes for the last month or so.  None of them really were up to par until this one.  I mean, I've made at least 2 maybe three in the past few months?  They were edible.  No.  They were more than edible.  They were good, but just not hoor-worthy.  THIS on the other hand....is hoor-worthy.

A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures | Spicy Orange Ginger Beef Stir-Fry


*insert real life snippet*
So, today was my first podiatrist appointment.  For those that don't know, I have foot issues.  I have Morton's Neuroma.  It's official.  I also have residual damage from before the wedding.  There's no breakage.  I'm not so sure that's the good news.  I think I'd rather SEE the damage than NOT see the damage.  This whole "sprain" type thing is just annoying.  You don't really know where the damage is and where the pain is coming from and why.  *sigh*
 
A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures | Spicy Orange Ginger Beef Stir-Fry

Hehe.  I snapped this as S was putting the green onion garnish on the dish.  I don't usually get to snap him in action in the kitchen.  He's always behind the scenes, but when it comes to the picture taking, it's usually all me.

Anyway.

Come to find out, Morton's Neuroma is USUALLY a temporary issue.  Yeah.  Not for me.  We have foot issues in the family.  Always.  I think it's Dad's fault.  The knees?  I think that's Mom's fault.  We'll see.  So, Morton's Neuroma is SUPPOSED to be a caused by trauma and is usually a temporary condition.  I remember when I was in high school not wanting to walk because my feet hurt.  Mom just thought I didn't want to exercise.  Not true.  I REALLY DO want to exercise.  Really.  I want to hike and walk.  I just can't.  It hurts.  After about 45 minutes or so I have to stop and let the blood back into my toes.  It's not fun.  And it's been that way ever since I can remember.

It really was huge mental thing for me to make and go to this appointment.  I don't even think I can explain it.  It's like you know you have a problem.  You admit there's a problem and you ask for help but the problem is not a mental thing; it's totally and completely a physical thing.  It's my genetic make up that I have this issue, but it is one of those once you admit you have a problem you can begin to heal?  I don't even know if I can explain it right.  It was just an emotional deal going to this appointment.  I can't even begin to explain it.  I am just glad that I'm not losing it and my feet aren't normal.  They're not supposed to be like this and now I have documented proof from a doctor!!

A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures | Spicy Orange Ginger Beef Stir-Fry

Okay.  I can't resist it any longer.  I have to tell you about this DELICIOUS stir fry!!  It truly was ...  DELICIOUS!!  I had this idea in my head of how I wanted it to taste and FINALLY this one actually tasted like that.  I was...so impressed with myself.  It's not even funny.  This really was just SO FRIGGIN TASTY!!

A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures | Spicy Orange Ginger Beef Stir-Fry

Don't get me wrong.  Almost everything I make is tasty.  But I usually tweak the recipe based on how the original attempt or 3 turn out.  But, this was a one attempt recipe.  Seriously.  It was just that good!!  The flavors were spot on and fantastic!!  I couldn't wait for lunch the next day so I could eat it again!!  That's a rare occasion.  I eat dinner for lunch all the time, but I rarely am that excited about eating left overs for lunch.  This was seriously that good.

A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures | Spicy Orange Ginger Beef Stir-Fry

The best part about this, for me, is the simple fact that eye of round is almost ALWAYS marked down at my grocery.  Not many know what to do with it, myself included.  But cooked this way, it's tender and very low in fat!  I think we have 4 packages in the freezer still.  It's perfect for stir fry, stroganoff, and slow cooking and braising.  I used it for my Swiss Steak recipe.  So, don't shy away from a cut of meat because you don't know what it is.  That, for me, is the fun part of cooking.  Learning new tips, tricks, methods, etc to get the best of what you've got.  I purchased something I had NO idea what was and will be cooking it later.  AND I will be looking for more of that in the future.  #NOMZ!

A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures | Spicy Orange Ginger Beef Stir-Fry

Spicy Orange Ginger Beef Stir-Fry
Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)


A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures | Spicy Orange Ginger Beef Stir-Fry

A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures | Spicy Orange Ginger Beef Stir-Fry

Ingredients
  • 1 pound eye of round, thinly sliced
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce, reduced sodium
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 cup orange marmalade
  • 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce, reduced sodium
  • 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
  • 3 cloves garlic, grated
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 16 ounces water chestnuts, sliced and drained
  • 15 ounces baby corn, drained
  • 16 ounces frozen broccoli stir-fry mix, thawed
  • 6 cups rice, cooked
Cooking Directions
  1. Combine beef, 1/3 cup soy sauce and 2 tablespoons cornstarch in a small mixing bowl. Marinate 30 minutes.
  2. Drain the water chestnuts, baby corn, and stir-fry vegetables in a strainer. Set aside.
  3. Combine 1/3 cup soy sauce, marmalade, frozen juice, sesame seed oil, red pepper flakes, ginger, garlic, and cornstarch. Stir with a whisk until combined and set aside.
  4. Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over high heat. Add beef and cook, stirring constantly, until the beef has browned.
  5. Add the vegetables and cook until heated.
  6. Add the orange mixture. Making sure to scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pan, bring to a boil and then simmer until thickened.
  7. Place 1 cup of rice on each of 6 plates and top with 1 cup of beef mixture.
You have just read the article entitled Spicy Orange Ginger Beef Stir-Fry. Please read the article from Rice Pot 89 About , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://ricepot89.blogspot.com/2014/01/spicy-orange-ginger-beef-stir-fry.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Rice Pot 89